• Last Logged In: 03 Nov 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Dana
    RE: USB wi-fi adapter?
    Thanks to all of you who offered advice; i'll add some further advice: Don't believe everything Radio Shack workers tell you about their products. The problem has been solved in the best way possible -- i'm now in a house where i can get DSL and don't need wi-fi.
    Link to this post 05 Aug 13

Thanks to all of you who offered advice; i'll add some further advice: Don't believe everything Radio Shack workers tell you about their products.
    The problem has been solved in the best way possible -- i'm now in a house where i can get DSL and don't need wi-fi.

• Dana
    How do i upgrade to tlx?
    I bought a Diamond wi-fi adapter that's advertised as being compatible with Linux OS's. Turns out, according to Diamond tech support, it's compatible with tlx but i can upgrade to tlx without going on line with the computer needing the upgrade. Diamond tells me to ask the person who installed Linux to tell me how, and he says he's never heard of tlx. Can someone reading this tell me how to upgrade my Ubuntu 12.04 to tlx so i can get on line? Thank you.
    Link to this post 07 Jun 13

I bought a Diamond wi-fi adapter that's advertised as being compatible with Linux OS's. Turns out, according to Diamond tech support, it's compatible with tlx but i can upgrade to tlx without going on line with the computer needing the upgrade. Diamond tells me to ask the person who installed Linux to tell me how, and he says he's never heard of tlx. Can someone reading this tell me how to upgrade my Ubuntu 12.04 to tlx so i can get on line? Thank you.

• Dana
    I'd put the Diamond adapter's accompanying CD into the CD drive and gotten a window that included something like 'autorun.exe."
    Link to this post 02 Jun 13

I'd put the Diamond adapter's accompanying CD into the CD drive and gotten a window that included something like
    'autorun.exe."

• Dana
    Unfortunately, the problem is not as solved as i thought; i got the adapter yesterday, and my system says, "Command line output: End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not a zipfile or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive."
    Link to this post 31 May 13

Unfortunately, the problem is not as solved as i thought; i got the adapter yesterday, and my system says, "Command line output: End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not a zipfile or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive."

• Dana
    USB wi-fi adapter?
    This is my first experience with Linux, and the person who sold me the computer won't answer my emails. I have a Dell Inspiron 531, running the Linux OS Ubuntu 12.04, and i need a USB wi-fi adapter that's compatible with it. Two different stores have sold me adapters they said would work, but neither of them has. Can someone who actually KNOWS tell me what USB adapters(s) is/are compatible with my system? Thank you.
    Link to this post 23 May 13

This is my first experience with Linux, and the person who sold me the computer won't answer my emails. I have a Dell Inspiron 531, running the Linux OS Ubuntu 12.04, and i need a USB wi-fi adapter that's compatible with it. Two different stores have sold me adapters they said would work, but neither of them has. Can someone who actually KNOWS tell me what USB adapters(s) is/are compatible with my system? Thank you.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board