• Last Logged In: 20 Apr 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • markloop
    How do I test SLOB? Really need help!
    So I've edited SLOB to use the best-fit algorithm, both when finding a suitable page and a suitable block. [B]But the question is, how do I test it?[/B] Should I just write user-level code that continuously does malloc? Or should I create a module that does a few kmallocs? By the way, I've inserted a static unsigned int counter, that after 6000 calls of slob_alloc (the function that finds the suitable page to handle the request), prints the requested size, the available blocks on the page, and the block that's the best fit. But I get nothing printed with dmesg. Your replies will be greatly appreciated!
    Link to this post 20 Apr 13

So I've edited SLOB to use the best-fit algorithm, both when finding a suitable page and a suitable block. [B]But the question is, how do I test it?[/B] Should I just write user-level code that continuously does malloc? Or should I create a module that does a few kmallocs?

By the way, I've inserted a static unsigned int counter, that after 6000 calls of slob_alloc (the function that finds the suitable page to handle the request), prints the requested size, the available blocks on the page, and the block that's the best fit. But I get nothing printed with dmesg.

Your replies will be greatly appreciated!

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board