• Last Logged In: 08 May 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Bell_d
    RE: Is it possible?
    Thank you. I'll get to downloading... :)
    Link to this post 08 May 13

Thank you. I'll get to downloading... :)

• Bell_d
    RE: Welcome me! Now!
    Oh, no. I'm not [i]trying[/i] to connect that computer to the net. Even if I had internet access in my house, which I don't, the only reason that I'd connect it to the internet would be to update everything, and then disconnect it again. I just figured I'd put Ubuntu on it to mess with a different OS than Windows. See how it acts and such... Other than that, I'll probably either sell it, give it to someone who needs it, or use it for storage to free up space on my laptop. Maybe play some one-player games. And thanks for responding. :)
    Link to this post 08 May 13

Oh, no. I'm not trying to connect that computer to the net. Even if I had internet access in my house, which I don't, the only reason that I'd connect it to the internet would be to update everything, and then disconnect it again. I just figured I'd put Ubuntu on it to mess with a different OS than Windows. See how it acts and such... Other than that, I'll probably either sell it, give it to someone who needs it, or use it for storage to free up space on my laptop. Maybe play some one-player games. And thanks for responding. :)

• Bell_d
    Is it possible?
    I have an older Dell Inspirion that has Windows XP home. I recently installed a slave HDD, and installed Ubuntu 12.04LTS as a duel boot, Windows on the master, Ubuntu on the slave. Problem is, the computer isn't connected to the internet, so it obviously can't download or install updates, apps, games, nothing. Is there a way I can manually download updates or at least some of the games using my laptop and install them on my desktop?
    Link to this post 03 May 13

I have an older Dell Inspirion that has Windows XP home. I recently installed a slave HDD, and installed Ubuntu 12.04LTS as a duel boot, Windows on the master, Ubuntu on the slave. Problem is, the computer isn't connected to the internet, so it obviously can't download or install updates, apps, games, nothing. Is there a way I can manually download updates or at least some of the games using my laptop and install them on my desktop?

• Bell_d
    Welcome me! Now!
    Hey everyone, my name is David and after thinking about trying out Linux for a couple years, I finally got around to downloading and installing Ubuntu on my Dell desktop. I love it! But seeing as I can't get it connected to the net to update/download/install anything, I guess you'll be seeing me post a bit asking random questions. So...hey! How's it going?
    Link to this post 03 May 13

Hey everyone, my name is David and after thinking about trying out Linux for a couple years, I finally got around to downloading and installing Ubuntu on my Dell desktop. I love it! But seeing as I can't get it connected to the net to update/download/install anything, I guess you'll be seeing me post a bit asking random questions. So...hey! How's it going?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board