• Last Logged In: 27 Oct 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Gerry951
    RE: Peppermint os 4
    I did read about some ametuer radio repos in fedora, but not sure about the difference between lxde xfce and the like. thanks mfillpot it's worth checking into. I had to look at my specs and get them right for the hp desktop
    Link to this post 27 Oct 13

I did read about some ametuer radio repos in fedora, but not sure about the difference between lxde xfce and the like. thanks mfillpot it's worth checking into. I had to look at my specs and get them right for the hp desktop

• Gerry951
    Peppermint os 4
    Hello everyone. I've started using peppermint os 4 as a replacement for my winddows xp. It's installed on an old hp desktop. Specs are: 32bit, 768mb ram 80GB internal hard drive, cdrw and dvd drive. It has an intel celeron processor. 2.5ghz so far I'm not inpressed with it because it seems slow to load. I can't seem to find drivers for it. Question is could there be another distro that might work better. I also have another desktop with windows 7 but it is used for other things, but both are connection to my wireless router, but are hard wired. Thanks
    Link to this post 24 Oct 13

Hello everyone. I've started using peppermint os 4 as a replacement for my winddows xp. It's installed on an old hp desktop.
    Specs are: 32bit, 768mb ram 80GB internal hard drive, cdrw and dvd drive. It has an intel celeron processor. 2.5ghz so far I'm not inpressed with it because it seems slow to load. I can't seem to find drivers for it. Question is could there be another distro that might work better. I also have another desktop with windows 7 but it is used for other things, but both are connection to my wireless router, but are hard wired. Thanks

• Gerry951
    RE: UPDATE for my Dell D600
    Thanks I'll try that because it takes so long for win xp to load up. If I need further assistance, I sure will asking. Thanks so much.
    Link to this post 06 May 13

Thanks I'll try that because it takes so long for win xp to load up. If I need further assistance, I sure will asking. Thanks so much.

• Gerry951
    UPDATE for my Dell D600
    Hello everyone, I decided I had better get all the spec's for my dell latitude d600 and post them to see what linix os I can use. I use my laptop for personal and business use for my Ham Radio events, such as skywarn and emergency communications. So here are my spec's Dell latitude D600 model PP05L 40GB internal hard drive ATI Radeon 9000 32mb video memory Pentium M 1.80 ghz/600mhz intel wireless card 512mb memory at 266mhz cdrw/dvd drive level 2 cache 2048kb 56k data fax modem internal 2 usb ports, vga port, rs 232 port onboard Ethernet controller. I don't understand the distro's if they are separate of an os or not. I do however plan on upgrading my system. Thanks everyone I just don't like windows xp so I'll be doing a fresh install of the os. Thanks
    Link to this post 05 May 13

Hello everyone, I decided I had better get all the spec's for my dell latitude d600 and post them to see what linix os I can use. I use my laptop for personal and business use for my Ham Radio events, such as skywarn and emergency communications.
    So here are my spec's
    Dell latitude D600 model PP05L
    40GB internal hard drive
    ATI Radeon 9000 32mb video memory
    Pentium M 1.80 ghz/600mhz
    intel wireless card
    512mb memory at 266mhz
    cdrw/dvd drive
    level 2 cache 2048kb
    56k data fax modem internal
    2 usb ports, vga port, rs 232 port
    onboard Ethernet controller.
    I don't understand the distro's if they are separate of an os or not. I do however plan on upgrading my system. Thanks everyone I just don't like windows xp so I'll be doing a fresh install of the os. Thanks

• Gerry951
    Hello All
    I have been thinking of wiping out my windows xp on my laptop. I'm not sure where to start but have been browsing the forums. My name is Gerry and I have a Dell latitude D600. I use it for personal and business use. I'm not sure what linix to use and I see there is talk about distro's. Not exactly sure what those are, if they are a complete operating system or something you have to add. I hope I will gain enough feedback to help answer those questions about linix. Thanks all and have a great day.
    Link to this post 05 May 13

I have been thinking of wiping out my windows xp on my laptop. I'm not sure where to start but have been browsing the forums. My name is Gerry and I have a Dell latitude D600. I use it for personal and business use. I'm not sure what linix to use and I see there is talk about distro's. Not exactly sure what those are, if they are a complete operating system or something you have to add. I hope I will gain enough feedback to help answer those questions about linix. Thanks all and have a great day.

• Gerry951
    RE: Dell laptop D600
    Hi, I plan on putting more memory in as soon as I can get to Grand Rapids, Michigan to a computer store.
    Link to this post 04 May 13

Hi, I plan on putting more memory in as soon as I can get to Grand Rapids, Michigan to a computer store.

• Gerry951
    Dell laptop D600
    HI, I was thinking of putting linix on my laptop. It's an older one. I use it for personal and business use for my Ham Radio. Spec's are:: intel centrino processor, 512mb ram, intel wireless card, ethernet connection, fax modem, 2 usb ports, cdrw/dvd drive. So I hope someone can advise on what is best for me. Thanks all for your help. I'm a newbee. Thanks again. Gerry951
    Link to this post 04 May 13

HI, I was thinking of putting linix on my laptop. It's an older one. I use it for personal and business use for my Ham Radio.
    Spec's are:: intel centrino processor, 512mb ram, intel wireless card, ethernet connection, fax modem, 2 usb ports, cdrw/dvd drive. So I hope someone can advise on what is best for me. Thanks all for your help. I'm a newbee. Thanks again. Gerry951

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board