• Last Logged In: 11 Jul 09

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Ale
    distro with most updated software
    1) Which distros have the most updated software? Example: Firefox 3.5, Thunderbird 3.0 beta, Openoffice 3.1 2) Which distros have the automatic software updates engine? I avoid the terrible commands on terminal to upgdate Openoffice in Ubuntu!
    Link to this post 12 Jul 09

1) Which distros have the most updated software?
    Example: Firefox 3.5, Thunderbird 3.0 beta, Openoffice 3.1
    2) Which distros have the automatic software updates engine?
    I avoid the terrible commands on terminal to upgdate Openoffice in Ubuntu!

• Ale
    RE: best complete rolling release distribution
    equo world can't be used to upgrade Sabayon 4 to 5 at august 2009, when version 5 is available.
    Link to this post 27 Jun 09

equo world can't be used to upgrade Sabayon 4 to 5 at august 2009, when version 5 is available.

• Ale
    RE: best complete rolling release distribution
    I have read equo world can't be used to upgrade Sabayon 4 to 5 when version 5 will available at august 2009. It is a waste of time to download the new iso file every 6 months (Ubuntu/Mint) or every year (Sabayon)
    Link to this post 27 Jun 09

I have read equo world can't be used to upgrade Sabayon 4 to 5 when version 5 will available at august 2009.
    It is a waste of time to download the new iso file every 6 months (Ubuntu/Mint) or every year (Sabayon)

• Ale
    best complete rolling release distribution
    Which is best rolling release distribution with - all multimedia codecs - powerful software like Openoffice Base, Skype, Picasa - for 64 bit notebook - for newbies What that means is you install once, keep upgrading, never reinstall, maintain the newest versions of every Linux kernel and package available keeping your existing confs the same without the need for a 6 month release cycle.
    Link to this post 24 Jun 09

Which is best rolling release distribution with
    - all multimedia codecs
    - powerful software like Openoffice Base, Skype, Picasa
    - for 64 bit notebook
    - for newbies

What that means is you install once, keep upgrading, never reinstall, maintain the newest versions of every Linux kernel and package available keeping your existing confs the same without the need for a 6 month release cycle.

• Ale
    looking for Linux distr with OpenOffice Base insid
    Ubuntu don't has Openoffice Base inside (the database manager) Which Linux distro has the full OpenOffice package?
    Link to this post 17 Jun 09

Ubuntu don't has Openoffice Base inside (the database manager)
    Which Linux distro has the full OpenOffice package?

• Ale
    RE: best easy and complete distro
    Linux Mint or SimplyMEPIS are for me. Fedora or Ubuntu are not for me.
    Link to this post 26 May 09

Linux Mint or SimplyMEPIS are for me.
    Fedora or Ubuntu are not for me.

• Ale
    best easy and complete distro
    which is best distro with all multimedia codecs and with easy and secure software upgrade procedure, for 64 bit notebook?
    Link to this post 25 May 09

which is best distro with all multimedia codecs and with easy and secure software upgrade procedure, for 64 bit notebook?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board