• Last Logged In: 27 Oct 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Annorax
    Ubuntu or CentOS as a base to Fluxbox?
    Hello all, I've recently started to like Fluxbox as my window manager and am wondering what would make a good base distro to use on it. I like both Ubuntu minimal and CentOS minimal (installs with no GUI or DE) and have them both in VMs with Fluxbox. I personally do not see any major differences between them (yum vs apt, software available, hardware detection) but I was wondering what are the main differences, if any, between these two in this situation, like is one less heavy, easier to configure via command line, etc...?
    Link to this post 23 Oct 13

Hello all,

I've recently started to like Fluxbox as my window manager and am wondering what would make a good base distro to use on it. I like both Ubuntu minimal and CentOS minimal (installs with no GUI or DE) and have them both in VMs with Fluxbox. I personally do not see any major differences between them (yum vs apt, software available, hardware detection) but I was wondering what are the main differences, if any, between these two in this situation, like is one less heavy, easier to configure via command line, etc...?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board