• Last Logged In: 10 Jan 14

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Swedman
    RE: miniPC wout ARM
    Yes. Thanks! I looking into both. It seems that Intel NUC is more ready-for-use. However, I need to add RAM, wifi and SATA-SSD but it still not expencive. This can be really great if this unit is conn to a TV-set and I use a wireless keyb/mouse. Of course, I can buy a used laptop, but I think this is better. A laptop will be taken...Not this NUC. More, older laptops doesn't have HDMI. Later, you config the computer for different users and depending on situation, you use suitable config. This is a fun project.
    Link to this post 10 Jan 14

Yes. Thanks! I looking into both. It seems that Intel NUC is more ready-for-use. However, I need to add RAM, wifi and SATA-SSD but it still not expencive.
    This can be really great if this unit is conn to a TV-set and I use a wireless keyb/mouse. Of course, I can buy a used laptop, but I think this is better. A laptop will be taken...Not this NUC. More, older laptops doesn't have HDMI.
    Later, you config the computer for different users and depending on situation, you use suitable config. This is a fun project.

• Swedman
    miniPC wout ARM
    Hello, Perhaps not right place for this question. I must ask you if anyone knows any miniPC hardware that is NOT based on ARM processors? You perhaps know about [url=http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G138733896281&tab_idx=1]Odroid[/url]? They use ARM Vx processors. I want a miniPC BUT not with ARM. Why? Some nice applications don't work with ARM such as Netflix and Skype. I want Linux...not only for Netflix/Skype. Also because the config going to be more flexible. [b]miniPC[/b] for me is low cost, HDMI out, some USB-ports, small sized, flashmemory and with Linux. ! At last, I'm rather new to Linux and miniPC and can make many mistakes so have patient with me.
    Link to this post 06 Jan 14

Hello,
    Perhaps not right place for this question. I must ask you if anyone knows any miniPC hardware that is NOT based on ARM processors? You perhaps know about Odroid? They use ARM Vx processors. I want a miniPC BUT not with ARM. Why? Some nice applications don't work with ARM such as Netflix and Skype. I want Linux...not only for Netflix/Skype. Also because the config going to be more flexible.

miniPC for me is low cost, HDMI out, some USB-ports, small sized, flashmemory and with Linux.

! At last, I'm rather new to Linux and miniPC and can make many mistakes so have patient with me.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board