• Last Logged In: 21 Jun

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Leon8200
    RE: how to install linux to hdd
    if this is what you mean, I used (gpart)and created 2 partition's hda1 primary ext3 BOOT-(I installed puppy to this one) hda2 logical ext3 after writing I exit the gpart and went back into it to ensure it was set corectly and it still said (BOOT) (on the hda1 primary ext3 partition) so I think I did that right
    Link to this post 19 Jun

if this is what you mean, I used (gpart)and created 2 partition's

hda1 primary ext3 BOOT-(I installed puppy to this one)
    hda2 logical ext3

after writing I exit the gpart and went back into it to ensure it was set corectly and it still said (BOOT) (on the hda1 primary ext3 partition) so I think I did that right

• Leon8200
    ok I got precise puppy to install on my hdd, but when I restarted my pc I got (error 15) what did I do wrong every time I get it installed I get the same stupid error, I have restarted my pc over 20 time's trying to install linux, what am I doing wrong?
    Link to this post 18 Jun

ok I got precise puppy to install on my hdd, but when I restarted my pc I got (error 15) what did I do wrong every time I get it installed I get the same stupid error, I have restarted my pc over 20 time's trying to install linux, what am I doing wrong?

• Leon8200
    I used plop to boot from my flash drive, and rufus to burn the ise to it
    Link to this post 18 Jun

I used plop to boot from my flash drive, and rufus to burn the ise to it

• Leon8200
    thanx for the help, but it's kinda big for me to download, I guess linux just is not for me, I was hopeing puppy or dsl would work for me but they let me down, so I guess I have no choice but to give up on geting linux installed, but thanx again
    Link to this post 17 Jun

thanx for the help, but it's kinda big for me to download, I guess linux just
    is not for me, I was hopeing puppy or dsl would work for me but they let me down,
    so I guess I have no choice but to give up on geting linux installed, but thanx again

• Leon8200
    I once got puppy to install, it said it was installed, but when I restarted my pc, after bios it said my hdd had no operating system installed, I even tried my other hdd's and yet still no luck, I just dont know what to do
    Link to this post 17 Jun

I once got puppy to install, it said it was installed, but when I restarted my pc,
    after bios it said my hdd had no operating system installed, I even tried my other hdd's and yet still no luck, I just dont know what to do

• Leon8200
    hey thanx for the reply, I got 504 MB
    Link to this post 17 Jun

hey thanx for the reply, I got 504 MB

• Leon8200
    how to install linux to hdd
    Ive tried damn small linux, sil taz linux, puppy linux, I cant get any of them to install, I have been stuck on this for over 10 hour's, HOW DO YOU INSTALL LINUX TO A HDD?, I cant get it to work at all, is it even possable? has ANYONE succesfully installed ANY of them on a hdd, and how?
    Link to this post 17 Jun

Ive tried damn small linux, sil taz linux, puppy linux,
    I cant get any of them to install, I have been stuck on this for over 10 hour's,
    HOW DO YOU INSTALL LINUX TO A HDD?, I cant get it to work at all, is it even possable? has ANYONE succesfully installed ANY of them on a hdd, and how?

• Leon8200
    RE: need some suggestion's on wich linux to get
    I took a look at them, they seem nice, I think I will give (bodhi linux)a try, also Ive heard (puppy linux) is good for an old pc, but do you know if it can run games/emulater's, and use 56k dial up?
    Link to this post 16 Jun

I took a look at them, they seem nice, I think I will give (bodhi linux)a try, also Ive heard (puppy linux) is good for an old pc, but do you know if it can run games/emulater's, and use 56k dial up?

• Leon8200
    need some suggestion's on wich linux to get
    ok I just joined and am new to linux, Im looking at all these linux version's, and have no idea wich one to get, I need somthing that has support for 56k dial up and is capable of runing game's/emulater's, I mostly play my ps1/ps2 games on my rig so I need a REALY fast OS my spec's 2006 IBM P4 HT 2.8 GHZ 504 MB RAM 200 MB GPU I realy want the (FASTEST) MOST (LIGHTWEIGHT) linux OS there is
    Link to this post 15 Jun

ok I just joined and am new to linux, Im looking at all these linux version's, and have no idea wich one to get, I need somthing that has support for 56k dial up and is capable of runing
    game's/emulater's, I mostly play my ps1/ps2 games on my rig so I need a REALY fast OS

my spec's

2006 IBM
    P4 HT 2.8 GHZ
    504 MB RAM
    200 MB GPU

I realy want the (FASTEST) MOST (LIGHTWEIGHT) linux OS there is

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board