• Last Logged In: 22 Jul

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • nitah
    RE: I have questions about Linux before I install it as my OS
    Hello Everyone I did learn security and have been reading. I am no expert. I did call the police and it is part of harassment by a religious group that believes gang stalking is proper to do to someone. I have a genuine problem with big amounts of people over a case where my friends daughter was raped and killed by some ministers. So they have cameras on me and they learned my password that way. I have parental control on my machine where they locked me out of it and limit what information I can see and things I can do. I know every operating system has holes in it but I have done this to windows so far. Disable all remote services that could be used to get into the system. Install a firewall and malware that can block ports and block program components. The symbol is the Eset symbol for their security and anti-virus which I have never put on my machine. I have actually deleted components and have them come back. Thank you for the Bios password as I did that before and had them change the passwords so I could not access the drive. I am looking for the best way to go where I can uninstall the programs as they do not show up in Windows where I can uninstall them. I need SKYPE, I write articles and books, emails and browsing and need to know the safest way to go about it and I had a friend mention Linux Mint to me. She liked Cinnamon the best so I have the installation disc being sent to me. If I can find the programs to uninstall them it is a big plus. I do not know command prompt and I might be able to take back my machine for a little while but I basically want something where I can find all the things installed, they can not block me from finding them or hide them somehow, and I bought some books to learn the commands since I did not learn them for windows 7. So as you mentioned you can find things with Linux. I do not know if a password is a benefit or not if they can lock me out with it. I want to be sure I install what I need so from what you mentioned about Arch Linux it is something you can just install components? Would Cinnamon be a good choice or is it with server capabilities where I can be connected to remotely. Nita
    Link to this post 22 Jul

Hello Everyone
    I did learn security and have been reading. I am no expert. I did call the police and it is part of harassment by a religious group that believes gang stalking is proper to do to someone. I have a genuine problem with big amounts of people over a case where my friends daughter was raped and killed by some ministers.

So they have cameras on me and they learned my password that way. I have parental control on my machine where they locked me out of it and limit what information I can see and things I can do. I know every operating system has holes in it but I have done this to windows so far.

Disable all remote services that could be used to get into the system. Install a firewall and malware that can block ports and block program components. The symbol is the Eset symbol for their security and anti-virus which I have never put on my machine.

I have actually deleted components and have them come back. Thank you for the Bios password as I did that before and had them change the passwords so I could not access the drive. I am looking for the best way to go where I can uninstall the programs as they do not show up in Windows where I can uninstall them.

I need SKYPE, I write articles and books, emails and browsing and need to know the safest way to go about it and I had a friend mention Linux Mint to me. She liked Cinnamon the best so I have the installation disc being sent to me. If I can find the programs to uninstall them it is a big plus.

I do not know command prompt and I might be able to take back my machine for a little while but I basically want something where I can find all the things installed, they can not block me from finding them or hide them somehow, and I bought some books to learn the commands since I did not learn them for windows 7.

So as you mentioned you can find things with Linux. I do not know if a password is a benefit or not if they can lock me out with it. I want to be sure I install what I need so from what you mentioned about Arch Linux it is something you can just install components? Would Cinnamon be a good choice or is it with server capabilities where I can be connected to remotely.
    Nita

• nitah
    I have questions about Linux before I install it as my OS
    Hello Everyone I have problems with hackers that have put remote administration, parental controls and remote desktop on my system to lock me out of my computer. They broke into my apartment and did this both physically and then use the remote programs. How easy is this to do with Linux? Can I install Linux with out those programs and be sure that I can remove them if someone else installs them? I read Linux has a firewall so will this also prevent these problems? My administrative privileges have been removed and programs blocked with the parental guidance so I do not want any remote applications at all on my computer plus I do not want any server capabilities where others can use that to log into the computer. Is this possible to do on Linux and will it be safer than windows? Nita
    Link to this post 20 Jul

Hello Everyone
    I have problems with hackers that have put remote administration, parental controls and remote desktop on my system to lock me out of my computer. They broke into my apartment and did this both physically and then use the remote programs. How easy is this to do with Linux?
    Can I install Linux with out those programs and be sure that I can remove them if someone else installs them? I read Linux has a firewall so will this also prevent these problems? My administrative privileges have been removed and programs blocked with the parental guidance so I do not want any remote applications at all on my computer plus I do not want any server capabilities where others can use that to log into the computer.

Is this possible to do on Linux and will it be safer than windows?
    Nita

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board