• Last Logged In: 09 Apr

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Jeff91
    Airlink 101 USB Wireless on Ubuntu 9.10
    Howdy All, So I recently obtained a USB wifi card, an Airlink 101 USB device. When I attach it to my Ubuntu system it is recognized by the network manager and it can see my wifi network - however it is unable to connect. When I enter the passcode for my wifi it spins trying to connect and then spits it back to me telling me I need to reenter the password after a few moments - I am 100% sure the password is correct. I tried the device on two different Ubuntu systems (one 32bit and one 64bit) and achieved the same results on each. I can confirm the wifi itself works as I am typing from my laptop connected to it as we speak... ~Jeff
    Link to this post 30 Jan 10

Howdy All,

So I recently obtained a USB wifi card, an Airlink 101 USB device. When I attach it to my Ubuntu system it is recognized by the network manager and it can see my wifi network - however it is unable to connect. When I enter the passcode for my wifi it spins trying to connect and then spits it back to me telling me I need to reenter the password after a few moments - I am 100% sure the password is correct. I tried the device on two different Ubuntu systems (one 32bit and one 64bit) and achieved the same results on each.

I can confirm the wifi itself works as I am typing from my laptop connected to it as we speak...

~Jeff

• Jeff91
    Setting up grub on a multi-boot system
    I currently have Fedora11, OpenSUSE 11.1, and Ubuntu Jaunty all installed on my computer with a partition setup as follows: /boot - ext3 96megs swap - 4gigs data - ext3 - 190gigs extended: Ubuntu / - ext3 - 15gigs Ubuntu /home - ext3 - 25gigs Fedora / - ext4 - 15gigs Fedora /home - ext4 - 25gigs OpenSUSE / - ext3 - 15gigs OpenSUSE /home - ext3 - 25gigs /boot is currently the Ubuntu bootloader, my question is this - what do I need to add to my /boot/grub/menu.lst so all three distros appear in it? Thanks, ~Jeff
    Link to this post 25 Aug 09

I currently have Fedora11, OpenSUSE 11.1, and Ubuntu Jaunty all installed on my computer with a partition setup as follows:

/boot - ext3 96megs
    swap - 4gigs
    data - ext3 - 190gigs
    extended:
    Ubuntu / - ext3 - 15gigs
    Ubuntu /home - ext3 - 25gigs
    Fedora / - ext4 - 15gigs
    Fedora /home - ext4 - 25gigs
    OpenSUSE / - ext3 - 15gigs
    OpenSUSE /home - ext3 - 25gigs

/boot is currently the Ubuntu bootloader, my question is this - what do I need to add to my /boot/grub/menu.lst so all three distros appear in it?

Thanks,
    ~Jeff

• Jeff91
    Issue with Moovida Media Center - Staticy Audio
    When I play audio files through Moovida I get this terrible static noise over my audio. The audio on the same video files works perfectly when I run it through VLC Media player, any suggestions? I'm running Ubuntu 64bit and the latest Moovida. ~Jeff
    Link to this post 06 Jul 09

When I play audio files through Moovida I get this terrible static noise over my audio. The audio on the same video files works perfectly when I run it through VLC Media player, any suggestions? I'm running Ubuntu 64bit and the latest Moovida.

~Jeff

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board