• Last Logged In: 29 Jan 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • lucaspereira
    Two things you like and why
    Two things you like about Linux, and why Gnome-do (Gnome) It´s a great app. I can launch anything in my PC, search in my bookmarks and post in Twitter! Linux community A lot of people, doing a great job, make some great things, and always helping who needs help. And you?
    Link to this post 19 Jul 09

Two things you like about Linux, and why

Gnome-do (Gnome)
    It´s a great app. I can launch anything in my PC, search in my bookmarks and post in Twitter!

Linux community
    A lot of people, doing a great job, make some great things, and always helping who needs help.

And you?

• lucaspereira
    RE: High Hesolution Fonts
    Thanks, for both of you. I´ll do that, and hope it works well enogh to make all the people here at home, happy. I use Linux since 1998, but I never liked it as I like it now. Linux is more mature, and Ubuntu is a great OS. Because of my work, I have to use a notebook with Windows, a Mac with OS X, and I´m trying ubuntu 9.04 at home. I´m loving it! I think Windows still the best OS for playing games and watch movies. But for work, specially mine (I´m content manager and writer in a site to be launched at August 11), Gnome and it´s applications, give a incredible gain in productivity... Now I´m wating for Jolicloud! Almost everything I need to work is already on the web!

Thanks, for both of you.

I´ll do that, and hope it works well enogh to make all the people here at home, happy.

I use Linux since 1998, but I never liked it as I like it now. Linux is more mature, and Ubuntu is a great OS. Because of my work, I have to use a notebook with Windows, a Mac with OS X, and I´m trying ubuntu 9.04 at home. I´m loving it!

I think Windows still the best OS for playing games and watch movies. But for work, specially mine (I´m content manager and writer in a site to be launched at August 11), Gnome and it´s applications, give a incredible gain in productivity...

Now I´m wating for Jolicloud! Almost everything I need to work is already on the web!

• lucaspereira
    High Hesolution Fonts
    Hi! I´m using Ubuntu 9.04 at home. It´s a great OS, but I´ll have to put Windows back for one issue: the font size and resolution. The Ubuntu don´t look nice in the resolution of 1280 x 1024. It´s hard to read, the fonts are too small and too ugly, without a good resolution. There´s a way to fix this? Thanks.

Hi! I´m using Ubuntu 9.04 at home. It´s a great OS, but I´ll have to put Windows back for one issue: the font size and resolution.

The Ubuntu don´t look nice in the resolution of 1280 x 1024. It´s hard to read, the fonts are too small and too ugly, without a good resolution.

There´s a way to fix this?

Thanks.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board