• Last Logged In: 13 Jul 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Conor026
    JMTek HY554 USB Sound device - Cant get it to work
    Hello, I using Mandriva 2009.0 on my laptop. I bought a "USB 3D sound" usb device off eBay and am trying to get it to work. At the moment, i have the usb device plugged in and it appears in lsusb and i have the snd-usb-audio module loaded. When i go to drakconf and check the hardware that is detected, the internal soundcard (a realtek) appears in the soundcard section and looks fine. the usb device appears in the USB sound devices section and appears fine, but at the bottom in the "Unknown/Others" section the usb device appears again. When i go to sounds options, it only shows the internal soundcard. If i go to preferences in the volume control, to select the output device, it has the realtek card listed twice, as the snd_hda_intel and the reatek AC880 but no usb device. Does anyone have any advise? I can run any commands ye need or upload pics to help. [root@valhalla cdoyle]$ lsusb .... Bus 006 Device 006: ID 0c76:1605 JMTek, LLC. .... [root@valhalla cdoyle]$ lsmod | grep snd_usb_audio snd_usb_audio 83840 0 snd_usb_lib 19456 1 snd_usb_audio snd_hwdep 10884 2 snd_usb_audio,snd_hda_intel snd_pcm 72836 2 snd_usb_audio,snd_hda_intel snd 52772 8 snd_usb_audio,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq_device,snd_hda_intel,snd_hwdep,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_mixer_oss usbcore 137200 7 snd_usb_audio,snd_usb_lib,usbhid,uhci_hcd,ohci_hcd,ehci_hcd [file name=drakconf.jpg size=44848]http://www.linux.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files/drakconf.jpg[/file] [img size=700]http://www.linux.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/drakconf.jpg[/img]
    Link to this post 17 Jul 09

Hello,

I using Mandriva 2009.0 on my laptop.
    I bought a "USB 3D sound" usb device off eBay and am trying to get it to work.

At the moment, i have the usb device plugged in and it appears
    in lsusb and i have the snd-usb-audio module loaded. When i
    go to drakconf and check the hardware that is detected, the
    internal soundcard (a realtek) appears in the soundcard section
    and looks fine. the usb device appears in the USB sound devices
    section and appears fine, but at the bottom in the "Unknown/Others"
    section the usb device appears again. When i go to sounds options,
    it only shows the internal soundcard. If i go to preferences in the
    volume control, to select the output device, it has the realtek card
    listed twice, as the snd_hda_intel and the reatek AC880 but no usb device.

Does anyone have any advise?
    I can run any commands ye need or upload pics to help.

[root@valhalla cdoyle]$ lsusb
    Bus 006 Device 006: ID 0c76:1605 JMTek, LLC.

[root@valhalla cdoyle]$ lsmod | grep snd_usb_audio
    snd_usb_audio 83840 0
    snd_usb_lib 19456 1 snd_usb_audio
    snd_hwdep 10884 2 snd_usb_audio,snd_hda_intel
    snd_pcm 72836 2 snd_usb_audio,snd_hda_intel
    snd 52772 8 snd_usb_audio,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq_device,snd_hda_intel,snd_hwdep,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_mixer_oss
    usbcore 137200 7 snd_usb_audio,snd_usb_lib,usbhid,uhci_hcd,ohci_hcd,ehci_hcd [file name=drakconf.jpg size=44848]http://www.linux.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files/drakconf.jpg[/file]

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board