• Last Logged In: 23 Sep 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • mulyadi.santosa
    RE: need Linux compatible external DVD writer
    Hi all Thanks for thoughts. I'll keep them in mind. BTW, I check my laptop BIOS' menu and it has option to boot from USB CDROM. It's not named "USB HDD", instead it is named USB-CDROM but I believe that means my laptop support USB DVD booting. I still welcome further opinions.
    Link to this post 25 Sep 09

Hi all

Thanks for thoughts. I'll keep them in mind.

BTW, I check my laptop BIOS' menu and it has option to boot from USB CDROM. It's not named "USB HDD", instead it is named USB-CDROM but I believe that means my laptop support USB DVD booting.

I still welcome further opinions.

• mulyadi.santosa
    need Linux compatible external DVD writer
    Hi all.. Recently, I plan to buy an external DVD writer to replace the functionality of the broken internal DVD writer built into my laptop. But I have a doubt, are all external DVD writers compatible with Linux? Could any of you recommend certain models that are compatible with Linux, specifically Fedora 9 with 2.6.31 kernel? More over, (and probably you might already guessed) it should be a USB 2.0 based.Preferrably under US$ 100 and can be used for booting. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Link to this post 24 Sep 09

Hi all..

Recently, I plan to buy an external DVD writer to replace the functionality of the broken internal DVD writer built into my laptop.

But I have a doubt, are all external DVD writers compatible with Linux? Could any of you recommend certain models that are compatible with Linux, specifically Fedora 9 with 2.6.31 kernel?

More over, (and probably you might already guessed) it should be a USB 2.0 based.Preferrably under US$ 100 and can be used for booting.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• mulyadi.santosa
    RE: copy_from_user does not copy from process-heap
    Hi... There is a chance you're not copying from the right user space address. May I know how do you determine the source address in the related user process address space you want to copy from?
    Link to this post 24 Sep 09

Hi...

There is a chance you're not copying from the right user space address. May I know how do you determine the source address in the related user process address space you want to copy from?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board