• Last Logged In: 26 Aug 09

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • walter1407
    RE: No audio
    Thanks. I thought I'd get an e-mail if someone replied, but I didn't. So I see this with delay. I sorted out the download issue, but I have no sound (had before I downloaded flash player). I removed it and reinstalled it, as that was the recommendation posted on other sites. But it does not work either. Kubuntu has a lot of stumbling blocks, just what I hoped to get away from with Windows. I'll try to completely reinstall Kubuntu; if it still does not work properly, I will have to go back to the National Security Agency's favourite operating system.
    Link to this post 26 Aug 09

Thanks. I thought I'd get an e-mail if someone replied, but I didn't. So I see this with delay. I sorted out the download issue, but I have no sound (had before I downloaded flash player). I removed it and reinstalled it, as that was the recommendation posted on other sites. But it does not work either. Kubuntu has a lot of stumbling blocks, just what I hoped to get away from with Windows. I'll try to completely reinstall Kubuntu; if it still does not work properly, I will have to go back to the National Security Agency's favourite operating system.

• walter1407
    No audio
    I am brand new to Linux, just installed Kubuntu 9.04. The sound works when I start up the computer, but I don't get sound via the browsers. Also, I just wanted to download a jpg file, received via e-mail. I get error messages, saying the comp does not recognise the file. I'd appreciate some hints of what to do. And please allow me to be a bit dumb as a total beginner. Walter
    Link to this post 20 Aug 09

I am brand new to Linux, just installed Kubuntu 9.04. The sound works when I start up the computer, but I don't get sound via the browsers.
    Also, I just wanted to download a jpg file, received via e-mail. I get error messages, saying the comp does not recognise the file.
    I'd appreciate some hints of what to do.
    And please allow me to be a bit dumb as a total beginner.
    Walter

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board