• Last Logged In: 08 Sep 09

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • adwmann
    RE: Cannot install Fedora 8 on VMWare
    Okay, I have tried it on my Vista32 bit laptop and I am having the same issue where I setup VMWare to install Linux 2.6x and the isolinux loads and I hit anything (F1, enter) and it does nothing. I have left it there for an hour + I have a 50gb hard drive space preformatted, 1gb RAM for it to use, all the other settings are default, and I get nothing. I think it may not be VMWare because I cannot install it from the boot screen on my physical computer.
    Link to this post 08 Sep 09

Okay, I have tried it on my Vista32 bit laptop and I am having the same issue where I setup VMWare to install Linux 2.6x and the isolinux loads and I hit anything (F1, enter) and it does nothing. I have left it there for an hour + I have a 50gb hard drive space preformatted, 1gb RAM for it to use, all the other settings are default, and I get nothing. I think it may not be VMWare because I cannot install it from the boot screen on my physical computer.

• adwmann
    Cannot install Fedora 8 on VMWare
    Hello, I am attempting to install Fedora 8 on the VMWare that I received but cannot get it to install. It will load the isolinux but when I try to type (PS2 or USB), it locks up and beeps on me after I hit enter 4 or 5 times. I have restarted my system and attempted to install Fedora 8 on my computer, and it was successful but I may be having trouble with VMWare. I know there is a Fedora8 VMWare box that someone has already gotten up and I downloaded it but I am not sure why I cannot install it on VMWare. Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated!:unsure:
    Link to this post 07 Sep 09

Hello,
    I am attempting to install Fedora 8 on the VMWare that I received but cannot get it to install. It will load the isolinux but when I try to type (PS2 or USB), it locks up and beeps on me after I hit enter 4 or 5 times. I have restarted my system and attempted to install Fedora 8 on my computer, and it was successful but I may be having trouble with VMWare. I know there is a Fedora8 VMWare box that someone has already gotten up and I downloaded it but I am not sure why I cannot install it on VMWare. Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated!:unsure:

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board