• Last Logged In: 23 May 09

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • ikis
    RE: Linux Babies ! ! !
    Hi, abrenar. Unfortunately while there isn't a forum for site related topics (and it seems for 'off-topics' too), anything of interest for Linux beginners is lost in middle of a lot of unrelated stuff.
    Link to this post 16 May 09

Hi, abrenar. Unfortunately while there isn't a forum for site related topics (and it seems for 'off-topics' too), anything of interest for Linux beginners is lost in middle of a lot of unrelated stuff.

• ikis
    RE: these forums need....
    +1 Site/forum related is a MUST.
    Link to this post 16 May 09

+1

Site/forum related is a MUST.

• ikis
    RE: What do you think of This Forum Software
    I use a 17" monitor. But for people with larger ones, Opera browser has a feature to adjust content to the screen width, wouldn't it help you? The names of people viewing (registered users) the forum overlap the box they're inside if it is more than one line. At least in Iceweasel 3.0.6 (I confirm that in two different distros). That should be fixed someway. If the box can't expand, then it should be appended ellipsis at the end of the first line, maybe with the option to expand to see all the people logged in. Oh, and its obvious that there must be a 'forum' topics section. We are taking the space of 'getting started with linux'. Thank you.
    Link to this post 14 May 09

I use a 17" monitor. But for people with larger ones, Opera browser has a feature to adjust content to the screen width, wouldn't it help you?

The names of people viewing (registered users) the forum overlap the box they're inside if it is more than one line. At least in Iceweasel 3.0.6 (I confirm that in two different distros). That should be fixed someway. If the box can't expand, then it should be appended ellipsis at the end of the first line, maybe with the option to expand to see all the people logged in.

Oh, and its obvious that there must be a 'forum' topics section. We are taking the space of 'getting started with linux'.

Thank you.

• ikis
    RE: The new Linux.com
    [b]mwoster wrote:[/b] [quote]www.linux.com/archive[/quote] Thanks, Mike.

mwoster wrote:

www.linux.com/archive

Thanks, Mike.

• ikis
    RE: What do you think of This Forum Software
    It's certainly an improvement to the old one (lol). But I would like to find the old posts somewhere (valid digression, me thinks). Since I usually only frequented the old forum and not the rest of linux.com, this now is a blow of fresh air indeed, with all those links at the top. Now for the forum software, I can't judge yet its functioning but all the features available are to be praised.

It's certainly an improvement to the old one (lol). But I would like to find the old posts somewhere (valid digression, me thinks).

Since I usually only frequented the old forum and not the rest of linux.com, this now is a blow of fresh air indeed, with all those links at the top. Now for the forum software, I can't judge yet its functioning but all the features available are to be praised.

• ikis
    RE: The new Linux.com
    Hi. Where did all the posts of the old forum go? Unless I'm missing something, I think there should be at least a link to see them.

Hi. Where did all the posts of the old forum go?

Unless I'm missing something, I think there should be at least a link to see them.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board