GNU Emacs is an extensible, customizable text editor‚Äîand more.
The features of GNU Emacs include:
* Content-sensitive editing modes, including syntax coloring.
* Complete built-in documentation, including a tutorial for new users.
* Support for many languages and their scripts.
* Highly customizable, using Emacs Lisp code or a graphical customization interface.
* A large number of extensions that add other functionality.
Bespin, Editra, gedit, JED, Kate, Komodo EDIT, Kwrite, Leafpad, medit, Mousepad, GNU nano, SciTE, Vim, XEmacs, GNU Zile