This Week in Open Source News: CNCF Announces Graduation of Kubernetes at Open Source Leadership Summit & More
At The Linux Foundation's OSLS event in Sonoma this week, CNCF's COO Chris Aniszczyk announced that its Kubernetes project has become a full blown project. Read the rest of this installment of our weekly digest to stay in the know!
1) At the Open Source Leadership Summit this week, CNCF's COO announced that Kubernetes had been graduated to become a "full-blown open source project."
2) A developer-first open source protection service raises a big chunk of money. The platform "continuously finds and fixes known vulnerabilities and license violations in open source dependencies."
3) "The latest release of Bright Cluster Manager provides the ability for Bright customers to easily integrate OpenHPC libraries and packages for use within a Bright cluster."
Bright Computing Adds Support for OpenHPC- InsideHPC
4) To help address licensing complications, GitHub has open sourced "Licensed" -- an "internal tool they've used to automate some of GitHub's open-source projects licensing process."
5) "[Linux distro] heavyweights like Debian and Kali Linux joining other Linux distros available on the Windows Store."