The latest version of Nvidia Graphics driver for Linux which is Nvidia 340.65 has been released and is available for download. It comes with plenty of fixes and changes. This article will guide you to install Nvidia 340.65 in Ubuntu and Linux Mint systems.
- Added support for X.Org xserver ABI 19 (xorg-server 1.17).
- Improved compatibility with recent Linux kernels.
- Fixed a bug that prevented internal 4K panels on some laptops from being driven at a sufficient bandwidth to support their native resolutions.
- Fixed a regression that prevented the NVIDIA kernel module from loading in some virtualized environments such as Amazon Web Services.
- Fixed a regression that caused displays to be detected incorrectly on some notebook systems.
- Fixed a bug that could cause X to freeze when using Base Mosaic.
- Fixed a regression that prevented the NVIDIA X driver from recognizing Base Mosaic layouts generated by the nvidia-settings control panel.
Read more at YourOwnLinux.