As we all know, Latest stable version of Linux Mint OS - Linux Mint 17.1, which is based on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, having a codename Rebecca has been released and is available for download with two desktop environments viz. Cinnamon and Mate. Just like Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr and Linux Mint 17 (Qiana), Linux Mint 17.1 (Rebecca) will be officially supported till 2019. This tutorial will help you in upgrading to Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca from Linux Mint 17 Qiana.
- Fixed 30 Memory leaks and improved responsiveness.
- Much more customizable and smoother
- Settings: Background and Theme settings re-designed, added Privacy and Notification settings,
- Nemo: Nemo toolbar re-designed and much configurable
- Update Manager: Introcudes grouping of packages to prevent partial or incomplete updates
- Language Settings: Redesigned the UI which shows more information now.
- Welcome Screen: Redesigned Login windows preferences, with simpler theme selection.
- Introduces pastebin command.
- Kernel: Linux Kernel 3.13 with Ubuntu 14.04 package base.
- Uses Noto font, by deault.
Read more at YourOwnLinux