woo-hoo..! we are at the practical posts on KVM virtualization now. From this post on words we will see on how to install KVM hypervisor and use it to the maximum with commands as well as GUI tools. Till this point we seen some basics such as..
- What is Virtualization in Linux way?
- Types of Virtualization available in Linux/Unix
- Advantages of Virtualization
- What is KVM virtualization in Linux?
- KVM Virtualization: Find Hardware support KVM/VMware ESXi or not?
Let us start with KVM hypervisor in Ubuntu/Debian Linux operating system.
Step1: Before installing KVM(Kernel Virtual machine) hypervisor we have check if our hardware support or not.Click here to know if your hardware support KVM or not.
Step2: If the hardware supports, install KVM virtualization with following command as a normal user.
sudo apt-get install virt-manager ubuntu-virt-server python-vm-builder
What actually the above packages do?