As we all know MacBook is a proprietary Laptop from Apple. Now Google entered into competition with Chromebook.
Basically Chromebook is net book and most of work is based on Chrome brouser. The best thing is that itâs price, simplicity and ability to do real work & thatâs the reason Chromebook incredibly popular & users of Chrome Book increase rapidly.
But the thing is Chrome OS is proprietary solution from Google. You cannot simply download & install on your PC or Laptop.
Then what is the solution?
Chromixium is newly launched Linux distribution, which gives you real feel of Chrome Book.
This distribution based on Ubuntu Linux so you can enjoy dual feel at same time. Chromixium having Openbox window manager with the Compton desktop compositor, Plank dock and LXDE's LXPanel to provide the desktop and menus. The Chromium web browser, equipped with the PepperFlash plugin, is the main online application.
Initially it come with Chromium Browser, It works nice but some apps are going to support Chromium So if you want later you can change browser to Chrome.
Also you can download apps from Ubuntu apps directory for offline desktop use. Ubuntu updates are installed automatically, providing long-term security support. OS is available Stable release in 32 bit and 64 bit.
What are minimum system requirement?
- 1GB USB device or DVD-R/RW
- 1GHZ Processor, Intel/AMD (dual core preferred)
- 512MB RAM (1GB preferred)
- 4GB hard disk space (8GB preferred)
- Video graphics capable of 800x600 resolution (1024x600 or better preferred)
- Wired (Ethernet) or wireless (Wi-Fi) Internet access
- A computer that is capable of booting from a DVD or USB
- Intel hardware is generally better supported 'out-of-the-box' on Linux-based operating systems.
You can install system alongside window or your other primary OS, So letâs download from here and enjoy new experience. And please donât forgot to give your comments or suggestion.