• Last Logged In: 13 May 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • jmnos
    RE: document management system
    I have tried Alfresco before, it seems the users are segregated with their own repositories, but can drop documents in the guest repository. I was never able to change the guest page to display the repository. Users had to navigate through the links on the guest page, avoiding the login prompt it seems. I found dokuwiki, and it seems ok for now, but would like something thats stronger in the document handling area. The wiki part seems ok. The only things missing from dokuwiki are project tracking, as in attaching a tracker to certain topics, manipulating calendars and gantt charts....etc.... Currently I am looking at dokuwiki for results and agilefant for tracking. I will ask again at the alfresco site if its possible, but alfresco doesn't seem as simple and neat as something like dokuwiki. If you have any other suggestions, they are all welcome.
    Link to this post 01 Jan 10

I have tried Alfresco before, it seems the users are segregated with their own repositories, but can drop documents in the guest repository.

I was never able to change the guest page to display the repository.
    Users had to navigate through the links on the guest page, avoiding the login prompt it seems.

I found dokuwiki, and it seems ok for now, but would like something thats stronger in the document handling area.
    The wiki part seems ok.

The only things missing from dokuwiki are project tracking, as in attaching a tracker to certain topics, manipulating calendars and gantt charts....etc....

Currently I am looking at dokuwiki for results and agilefant for tracking.

I will ask again at the alfresco site if its possible, but alfresco doesn't seem as simple and neat as something like dokuwiki.

If you have any other suggestions, they are all welcome.

• jmnos
    norsetto shadow compilation on RHEL
    I am having trouble compiling/installing norsetto shadow from phoronix on RHEL 5.4 Here is the error i recieve: [code] [root@test ~/shadow]# make gcc -c -DDATA_DIR= -O2 -Wall `pkg-config --cflags x11 xext` shadow.c shadow.c: In function âtupâshadow.c:372: warning: implicit declaration of function âmeâhadow.c:420: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of âXGetProcAddressARBâiffer in signedness shadow.c:421: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of âXGetProcAddressARBâiffer in signedness shadow.c:422: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of âXGetProcAddressARBâiffer in signedness shadow.c:423: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of âXGetProcAddressARBâiffer in signedness shadow.c:424: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of âXGetProcAddressARBâiffer in signedness shadow.c:425: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of âXGetProcAddressARBâiffer in signedness shadow.c:426: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of âXGetProcAddressARBâiffer in signedness shadow.c:427: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of âXGetProcAddressARBâiffer in signedness shadow.c:428: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of âXGetProcAddressARBâiffer in signedness shadow.c:429: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of âXGetProcAddressARBâiffer in signedness shadow.c:602: warning: implicit declaration of function âGenProgramsARBâhadow.c:609: warning: implicit declaration of function âCreateProgramObjectARBâhadow.c:617: warning: implicit declaration of function âUseProgramObjectARBâhadow.c:619: warning: implicit declaration of function âGetUniformLocationARBâhadow.c:622: warning: implicit declaration of function âGetAttribLocationâhadow.c:632: warning: implicit declaration of function âUniform1iâhadow.c:637: warning: implicit declaration of function âValidateProgramARBâhadow.c:638: warning: implicit declaration of function âGetObjectParameterivARBâhadow.c:642: warning: implicit declaration of function âGetInfoLogARBâhadow.c:653: warrenderâ: shadow.c: In function ânderâshadow.c:862: warning: implicit declaration of function âVertexAttrib3fvâhadow.c:919: warning: implicit declaration of function âWindowPos2iâhadow.c: In function âinâshadow.c:1326: warning: format ââxpects type âsigned intâbut argument 2 has type âsualIDâhadow.c:1347: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 7 of âhangePropertyâiffer in signedness shadow.c:1349: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 7 of âhangePropertyâiffer in signedness shadow.c:1404: warning: implicit declaration of function âDeleteProgramsARBâhadow.c:1407: warning: implicit declaration of function âDeleteObjectARBâcc -c -DDATA_DIR= -O2 -Wall `pkg-config --cflags x11 xext` camera.c gcc -c -DDATA_DIR= -O2 -Wall `pkg-config --cflags x11 xext` extension.c extension.h:32: warning: âGenFramebuffersEXTâefined but not used extension.h:33: warning: âBindFramebufferEXTâefined but not used extension.h:34: warning: âFramebufferTexture2DEXTâefined but not used extension.h:35: warning: âGenRenderbuffersEXTâefined but not used extension.h:36: warning: âBindRenderbufferEXTâefined but not used extension.h:37: warning: âRenderbufferStorageEXTâefined but not used extension.h:38: warning: âFramebufferRenderbufferEXTâefined but not used extension.h:39: warning: âDeleteFramebuffersEXTâefined but not used extension.h:40: warning: âDeleteRenderbuffersEXTâefined but not used extension.h:41: warning: âCheckFramebufferStatusEXTâefined but not used gcc -c -DDATA_DIR= -O2 -Wall `pkg-config --cflags x11 xext` image.c gcc -c -DDATA_DIR= -O2 -Wall `pkg-config --cflags x11 xext` md2.c md2.c: In function âawMD2âmd2.c:434: warning: suggest parentheses around assignment used as truth value md2.c:471: warning: implicit declaration of function âVertexAttrib3fvâcc -c -DDATA_DIR= -O2 -Wall `pkg-config --cflags x11 xext` shaders.c shaders.c: In function âmpileShaderâshaders.c:76: warning: implicit declaration of function âBindProgramARBâhaders.c:77: warning: implicit declaration of function âProgramStringARBâhaders.c: In function âmpileGLSLshadersâshaders.c:109: warning: implicit declaration of function âCreateShaderObjectARBâhaders.c:112: warning: implicit declaration of function âShaderSourceARBâhaders.c:117: warning: implicit declaration of function âCompileShaderARBâhaders.c:118: warning: implicit declaration of function âGetObjectParameterivARBâhaders.c:122: warning: implicit declaration of function âGetInfoLogARBâhaders.c:140: warning: implicit declaration of function âAttachObjectARBâhaders.c:143: warning: implicit declaration of function âLinkProgramARBâhaders.c:157: warning: implicit declaration of function âValidateProgramARBâhaders.c:169: warning: implicit declaration of function âDeleteObjectARBâcc -c -DDATA_DIR= -O2 -Wall `pkg-config --cflags x11 xext` vector.c gcc shadow.o camera.o extension.o image.o md2.o shaders.o vector.o `pkg-config --libs x11 xext` -lGL -lGLU -lm -o shadow shadow.o: In function `render': shadow.c:(.text+0xc28): undefined reference to `glVertexAttrib3fv' shadow.c:(.text+0xc3a): undefined reference to `glVertexAttrib3fv' shadow.o: In function `setup': shadow.c:(.text+0x1e35): undefined reference to `glGetAttribLocation' shadow.c:(.text+0x1e4d): undefined reference to `glGetAttribLocation' shadow.c:(.text+0x1e8f): undefined reference to `glUniform1i' shadow.c:(.text+0x1ea1): undefined reference to `glUniform1i' shadow.c:(.text+0x1eb3): undefined reference to `glUniform1i' md2.o: In function `DrawMD2': md2.c:(.text+0x3ff): undefined reference to `glVertexAttrib3fv' md2.c:(.text+0x4c3): undefined reference to `glVertexAttrib3fv' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make: *** [shadow] Error 1 [/code] The functions in question are housed within glext.h which i have in /usr/include/GL Is it somesort of dependency problem or an outdated version of GL...? Everything else in phoronix compiled/installed without a problem...
    Link to this post 29 Dec 09

I am having trouble compiling/installing norsetto shadow from phoronix on RHEL 5.4

Here is the error i recieve:

[root@test ~/shadow]# make
    gcc -c -DDATA_DIR= -O2 -Wall `pkg-config --cflags x11 xext` shadow.c
    shadow.c: In function âtupâshadow.c:372: warning: implicit declaration of
    function âmeâhadow.c:420: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
    âXGetProcAddressARBâiffer in signedness
    shadow.c:421: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
    shadow.c:422: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
    shadow.c:423: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
    shadow.c:424: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
    shadow.c:425: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
    shadow.c:426: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
    shadow.c:427: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
    shadow.c:428: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
    shadow.c:429: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
    shadow.c:602: warning: implicit declaration of function
    âGenProgramsARBâhadow.c:609: warning: implicit declaration of function
    âCreateProgramObjectARBâhadow.c:617: warning: implicit declaration of function
    âUseProgramObjectARBâhadow.c:619: warning: implicit declaration of function
    âGetUniformLocationARBâhadow.c:622: warning: implicit declaration of function
    âGetAttribLocationâhadow.c:632: warning: implicit declaration of function
    âUniform1iâhadow.c:637: warning: implicit declaration of function
    âValidateProgramARBâhadow.c:638: warning: implicit declaration of function
    âGetObjectParameterivARBâhadow.c:642: warning: implicit declaration of
    function âGetInfoLogARBâhadow.c:653: warrenderâ:
    shadow.c: In function ânderâshadow.c:862: warning: implicit declaration of
    function âVertexAttrib3fvâhadow.c:919: warning: implicit declaration of
    function âWindowPos2iâhadow.c: In function âinâshadow.c:1326: warning: format
    ââxpects type âsigned intâbut argument 2 has type âsualIDâhadow.c:1347:
    warning: pointer targets in passing argument 7 of âhangePropertyâiffer in
    signedness
    shadow.c:1349: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 7 of
    âhangePropertyâiffer in signedness
    shadow.c:1404: warning: implicit declaration of function
    âDeleteProgramsARBâhadow.c:1407: warning: implicit declaration of function
    âDeleteObjectARBâcc -c -DDATA_DIR= -O2 -Wall `pkg-config --cflags x11 xext`
    camera.c
    gcc -c -DDATA_DIR= -O2 -Wall `pkg-config --cflags x11 xext` extension.c
    extension.h:32: warning: âGenFramebuffersEXTâefined but not used
    extension.h:33: warning: âBindFramebufferEXTâefined but not used
    extension.h:34: warning: âFramebufferTexture2DEXTâefined but not used
    extension.h:35: warning: âGenRenderbuffersEXTâefined but not used
    extension.h:36: warning: âBindRenderbufferEXTâefined but not used
    extension.h:37: warning: âRenderbufferStorageEXTâefined but not used
    extension.h:38: warning: âFramebufferRenderbufferEXTâefined but not used
    extension.h:39: warning: âDeleteFramebuffersEXTâefined but not used
    extension.h:40: warning: âDeleteRenderbuffersEXTâefined but not used
    extension.h:41: warning: âCheckFramebufferStatusEXTâefined but not used
    gcc -c -DDATA_DIR= -O2 -Wall `pkg-config --cflags x11 xext` image.c
    gcc -c -DDATA_DIR= -O2 -Wall `pkg-config --cflags x11 xext` md2.c
    md2.c: In function âawMD2âmd2.c:434: warning: suggest parentheses around
    assignment used as truth value
    md2.c:471: warning: implicit declaration of function âVertexAttrib3fvâcc -c
    -DDATA_DIR= -O2 -Wall `pkg-config --cflags x11 xext` shaders.c
    shaders.c: In function âmpileShaderâshaders.c:76: warning: implicit
    declaration of function âBindProgramARBâhaders.c:77: warning: implicit
    declaration of function âProgramStringARBâhaders.c: In function
    âmpileGLSLshadersâshaders.c:109: warning: implicit declaration of function
    âCreateShaderObjectARBâhaders.c:112: warning: implicit declaration of function
    âShaderSourceARBâhaders.c:117: warning: implicit declaration of function
    âCompileShaderARBâhaders.c:118: warning: implicit declaration of function
    âGetObjectParameterivARBâhaders.c:122: warning: implicit declaration of
    function âGetInfoLogARBâhaders.c:140: warning: implicit declaration of
    function âAttachObjectARBâhaders.c:143: warning: implicit declaration of
    function âLinkProgramARBâhaders.c:157: warning: implicit declaration of
    function âValidateProgramARBâhaders.c:169: warning: implicit declaration of
    function âDeleteObjectARBâcc -c -DDATA_DIR= -O2 -Wall `pkg-config --cflags x11
    xext` vector.c
    gcc shadow.o camera.o extension.o image.o md2.o shaders.o vector.o
    `pkg-config --libs x11 xext` -lGL -lGLU -lm -o shadow
    shadow.o: In function `render':
    shadow.c:(.text+0xc28): undefined reference to `glVertexAttrib3fv'
    shadow.c:(.text+0xc3a): undefined reference to `glVertexAttrib3fv'
    shadow.o: In function `setup':
    shadow.c:(.text+0x1e35): undefined reference to `glGetAttribLocation'
    shadow.c:(.text+0x1e4d): undefined reference to `glGetAttribLocation'
    shadow.c:(.text+0x1e8f): undefined reference to `glUniform1i'
    shadow.c:(.text+0x1ea1): undefined reference to `glUniform1i'
    shadow.c:(.text+0x1eb3): undefined reference to `glUniform1i'
    md2.o: In function `DrawMD2':
    md2.c:(.text+0x3ff): undefined reference to `glVertexAttrib3fv'
    md2.c:(.text+0x4c3): undefined reference to `glVertexAttrib3fv'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [shadow] Error 1

The functions in question are housed within glext.h which i have in /usr/include/GL

Is it somesort of dependency problem or an outdated version of GL...?

Everything else in phoronix compiled/installed without a problem...

• jmnos
    document management system
    Can anyone recommend a good open source document management system. I want to manage my research documents. I want a visitor to be able to view/download all my documents. Index them hierarchically...etc If a user has an account, then they can log in and post documents and possibly comments about them. I was looking for a wiki type system, but not necessary.... Documents are mostly in odf and pdf..... Any suggestions ?
    Link to this post 29 Dec 09

Can anyone recommend a good open source document management system.

I want to manage my research documents.

I want a visitor to be able to view/download all my documents.
    Index them hierarchically...etc

If a user has an account, then they can log in and post documents and possibly comments about them.

I was looking for a wiki type system, but not necessary....

Documents are mostly in odf and pdf.....

Any suggestions ?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board