• Last Logged In: 13 hours ago

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • RandomUsr
    mSata Format
    Wondering how to identify and subsequently format and mount my mSata ssd. I believe that it was given the device name "sg" how can I be sure of this? Once positive, can I use fdisk to format? Board is dq77kb, with three physical PCIe slots with the mSata in the PCIe 6 I believe and of course it doesn't show up as a PCIe device, I believe because the board is presenting it as a Sata device.
    Link to this post 21 Dec 12

Wondering how to identify and subsequently format and mount my mSata ssd. I believe that it was given the device name "sg" how can I be sure of this?

Once positive, can I use fdisk to format?

Board is dq77kb, with three physical PCIe slots with the mSata in the PCIe 6 I believe and of course it doesn't show up as a PCIe device, I believe because the board is presenting it as a Sata device.

• RandomUsr
    ZOTAC IONITX-A-U Atom 330 1.6GHz Dual-Core 441 NVI
    Has anyone installed on the ZOTAC IONITX-A-U Atom 330 1.6GHz Dual-Core 441 NVIDIA ION Mini ITX platform? If so, what if any, were the challneges that you had? What went smoothly I want to get this board because it looks like a stellar system and perfect for Linux. I'm quite curious about the AzureWave WiFi drivers for linux. Thanks for the input.
    Link to this post 19 Feb 10

Has anyone installed on the ZOTAC IONITX-A-U Atom 330 1.6GHz Dual-Core 441 NVIDIA ION Mini ITX platform?

If so, what if any, were the challneges that you had? What went smoothly

I want to get this board because it looks like a stellar system and perfect for Linux.

I'm quite curious about the AzureWave WiFi drivers for linux.

Thanks for the input.

• RandomUsr
    ALSA
    I'm currently using Ubuntu 9.04 and I believe that ALSA is the sound server. There is an irritating piece in that, I have to turn the sound all the way up from the command line utility and then adjust the volume from either the applet or the buttons on my laptop, which I don't think work right. Is it possible to turn the sound way down in ALSA and still hear sound without have to turn up ALSA first?
    Link to this post 14 May 09

I'm currently using Ubuntu 9.04 and I believe that ALSA is the sound server. There is an irritating piece in that, I have to turn the sound all the way up from the command line utility and then adjust the volume from either the applet or the buttons on my laptop, which I don't think work right.

Is it possible to turn the sound way down in ALSA and still hear sound without have to turn up ALSA first?

• RandomUsr
    RE: Radeon HD 4770
    I'm not too well versed with video drivers and X11, but I'll take a stab at this. Could you post the contents of your xorg.conf file?
    Link to this post 14 May 09

I'm not too well versed with video drivers and X11, but I'll take a stab at this. Could you post the contents of your xorg.conf file?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board