Community

For the community, by the community, Linux.com is the central resource for Linux users, developers, system administrators, DevOps, and open source professionals. This is the place to learn about the latest in Linux and open source development, careers, best practices, and industry trends. Get news, information, and hands-on experience to help with your next project or career – or simply scratch an itch. Learn how to participate.

Recent forum posts

September 30, 2016 | Waring: Journal has been rotated since unit was started in all demon logs.
In Software / Installation
September 30, 2016 | GlusterFS : Kernel Out of memory
In Linux System Administration / System Management
September 28, 2016 | complete noobie novice....HELP!! already overwhelmed!
In New to Linux
September 28, 2016 | Ubuntu - Right or Wrong Direction?
In Linux Distributions / Ubuntu

Recent Comments

September 30, 2016 | Waring: Journal has been rotated since unit was started in all demon logs.
This is an interesting case. From what I was able to read, the journald associated with your server...
September 30, 2016 | What's the difference between creating new root fs and simply saving an executable to linux?
The root filesystem is an area in storage that holds everything that your system needs to operate....
September 30, 2016 | GlusterFS : Kernel Out of memory
Glusterfs is a network distributed storage file system. It uses a server to host storage on network...
September 28, 2016 | Fedora 24 -- The Best Distro for DevOps?
I'm a Fedora user. It provides everything I need and it's easy to add what it doesn't have. The KDE...
September 28, 2016 | complete noobie novice....HELP!! already overwhelmed!
Start here: https://www.linux.com/what-is-linux Read through this and check out the links to some...
Click Here!