• Last Logged In: 10 Jan

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • crond
    RE: Economically supporting fre software
    Good thinking, for sure. Meanwhile, try to consider the developers (like Eric, patrick volkerding and many many many others) , who are all supporting open source in their free time, without expecting doller$. Ofcourse, you may need to visit different URLs for different developers to donate,but, i think those people deserve it.
    Link to this post 07 Oct 13

Good thinking, for sure. Meanwhile, try to consider the developers (like Eric, patrick volkerding and many many many others) , who are all supporting open source in their free time, without expecting doller$.

Ofcourse, you may need to visit different URLs for different developers to donate,but, i think those people deserve it.

• crond
    use of "const volatile" variable. [ Not using pointers]
    Hi all, can some one explain, the real-life use of "const volatile" for a variable, which is NOT A POINTER. I mean, I aware about, "const volatile *some_mem_addr". But, what about, "const volatile int not_a_pointer;". As a language feautere, we can declare a variable like above. But, in what exact situation, it can be used? Thanks,
    Link to this post 01 Jun 13

Hi all,
    can some one explain, the real-life use of "const volatile" for a variable, which is NOT A POINTER.
    I mean, I aware about, "const volatile *some_mem_addr".
    But, what about, "const volatile int not_a_pointer;".
    As a language feautere, we can declare a variable like above. But, in what exact situation, it can be used?

Thanks,

• crond
    RE: sa vaux le coup ou pas ?
    May be if you talk in English, we people can join you two , if you wish :)
    Link to this post 14 Dec 12

May be if you talk in English, we people can join you two , if you wish :)

• crond
    RE: Hey Everybody
    welcome aboard :)
    Link to this post 27 Nov 12

welcome aboard :)

• crond
    RE: Why Do You Use Linux?
    When I was in college, I started to learn 'C'. I used 'Turbo C' in Windows all the time. After the college,through embedded field, I came to know about Linux. The history of Linux, totally made me crazy.Then, I started to use Linux for the 'c' programming. I just stunned with the control/configure options of Linux, not just desktop backgrounds/workspaces/desktop effects, to control the OS itself tooooo. I am in Embedded field and got chance to use different embeddeed OS. But, with Linux, I am happy. Well, to answer your question, 1. to get a job 2. then, in the Job I started to use Linux. But, after start to use SLackware distribution, I slowly migrated/learnt my personal/daily work get done in Linux based distribution.I must say thanks to mfillpot for his greatest help. And now, 3. for fun I use Linux.
    Link to this post 27 Nov 12

When I was in college, I started to learn 'C'. I used 'Turbo C' in Windows all the time.
    After the college,through embedded field, I came to know about Linux. The history of Linux, totally made me crazy.Then, I started to use Linux for the 'c' programming.
    I just stunned with the control/configure options of Linux, not just desktop backgrounds/workspaces/desktop effects, to control the OS itself tooooo.
    I am in Embedded field and got chance to use different embeddeed OS. But, with Linux, I am happy.
    Well, to answer your question,
    1. to get a job
    2. then, in the Job
    I started to use Linux. But, after start to use SLackware distribution, I slowly migrated/learnt my personal/daily work get done in Linux based distribution.I must say thanks to mfillpot for his greatest help. And now,
    3. for fun
    I use Linux.

• crond
    RE: Show Your Computers
    Link to this post 31 Aug 12

• crond
    RE: Show Your Computers
    where is your computer ;)
    Link to this post 31 Aug 12

where is your computer ;)

• crond
    RE: ARMedSlack
    Slackware ARM "current" directory name is changed. The actual Message , sent by Stuart in mailing list, *********************************************************************** [b][/b] [b] Message: 1[/b] [b]Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 23:30:25 +0100 (BST)[/b] [b]From: Stuart Winter [/b] [b]To: Slackware ARM port [/b] [b]Subject: Re: [ARMedslack] Slackware ARM "current" directory name is[/b] [b] being changed - Mon 27th August[/b] [b]Message-ID:[/b] [b] [/b] [b]Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII[/b] [b][/b] [b][/b] [b]In addition, the root directory on the FTP site & the rsync module name[/b] [b]will also change as below:[/b] [b][/b] [b]FTP: ftp.armedslack.org/armedslack becomes ftp.armedslack.org/slackwarearm[/b] [b]rsync: ftp.armedslack.org::armedslack becomes ftp.armedslack.org::slackwarearm[/b] [b][/b] [b]Cheers[/b] [b]s.[/b][i][/i] ****************************************************************************************
    Link to this post 28 Aug 12

Slackware ARM "current" directory name is changed.
    The actual Message , sent by Stuart in mailing list,

Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 23:30:25 +0100 (BST)
    To: Slackware ARM port <armedslack@lists.armedslack.org>
    Subject: Re: [ARMedslack] Slackware ARM "current" directory name is
    being changed - Mon 27th August
    Message-ID:
    <alpine.LNX.2.02.1208252328490.22646@bourbon.biscuit.org.uk>
    Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII

In addition, the root directory on the FTP site & the rsync module name
    will also change as below:

FTP: ftp.armedslack.org/armedslack becomes ftp.armedslack.org/slackwarearm
    rsync: ftp.armedslack.org::armedslack becomes ftp.armedslack.org::slackwarearm

Cheers
    s.

****************************************************************************************

• crond
    ARMedSlack
    Just want to create a Topic , which can be used to share/discuess the ARM Port of Slackware
    Link to this post 28 Aug 12

Just want to create a Topic , which can be used to share/discuess the ARM Port of Slackware

• crond
    RE: Slackware documentation project
    Great News. Joining now....
    Link to this post 27 Aug 12

Great News. Joining now....

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board