• Last Logged In: 02 Apr 11

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • bluerocker
    Error when trying to install an SSL on a vded
    I am trying to install an SSL on my dedicated server that Godaddy is hosting. I have worked with them and they say everything is correctly set up but when I go to install the SSL, I get the following error: Error SSL install aborted due to error: Sorry, you must have a dedicated ip to use this feature for the user: chwmuseu! If you are intending to install a shared certificate you must use the username "nobody" for security and bandwidth reporting reason I have the dedicated IP set up and am not sure what to do next. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Keith
    Link to this post 03 Apr 11

I am trying to install an SSL on my dedicated server that Godaddy is hosting. I have worked with them and they say everything is correctly set up but when I go to install the SSL, I get the following error:

Error
    SSL install aborted due to error: Sorry, you must have a dedicated ip to use this feature for the user: chwmuseu! If you are intending to install a shared certificate you must use the username "nobody" for security and bandwidth reporting reason

I have the dedicated IP set up and am not sure what to do next. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Keith

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board