• Last Logged In: 17 Dec 12

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • jho
    RE: Can not access slave drive
    Gee, thanks guys. Didn't think I would get a reply. However, how do I - "Each new partition defaults to giving only root write access to the contents unless you have set the fstab file to mount the file partition with user access that can fix your problem. However the simplest approach would be to use sudo to create a new directory within the partition and set the permissions to 777 which is read,write,executable for all users." - Mfillpot
    Link to this post 17 Dec 12

Gee, thanks guys. Didn't think I would get a reply. However, how do I - "Each new partition defaults to giving only root write access to the contents unless you have set the fstab file to mount the file partition with user access that can fix your problem. However the simplest approach would be to use sudo to create a new directory within the partition and set the permissions to 777 which is read,write,executable for all users." - Mfillpot

• jho
    Can not access slave drive
    I'm unable to access the slave drive on my desktop when I run Ubuntu 12.04. My desktop machine has 2 x 80Gig HDD. I ran Gparted and formatted and cleaned the drives before installing 12.04. However I can see it on my desktop but when I try and copy files to it it tells me I don't have permission. I'm new to Linux and want to learn. Kind regards Jho
    Link to this post 13 Dec 12

I'm unable to access the slave drive on my desktop when I run Ubuntu 12.04. My desktop machine has 2 x 80Gig HDD. I ran Gparted and formatted and cleaned the drives before installing 12.04. However I can see it on my desktop but when I try and copy files to it it tells me I don't have permission. I'm new to Linux and want to learn.

Kind regards

Jho

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board