• Last Logged In: 13 Jun 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • MayHem
    RE: downloading in linux
    I am a newbie with Linux and am struggling with getting what I want and need. However, the struggle is instructive and helping understand how things work. However, I have not been able to engage the terminal. No matter what I type in or whose instructions I follow letter by letter, I have yet to get anything done in the terminal. In short, I hate that thing. I am far more comfortable using windows and tabs as in MS. Then all the terminology is just Greek to me. I understand that the terminal is faster. I rather take the extra steps and encounter less frustration. How can I launch apps e.g., YouTube downloader. I downloaded it but I have no icon and what I see on my desk top is a generic folder for it. I thank you in advance for any help with this.
    Link to this post 12 Jun 13

I am a newbie with Linux and am struggling with getting what I want and need. However, the struggle is instructive and helping understand how things work. However, I have not been able to engage the terminal. No matter what I type in or whose instructions I follow letter by letter, I have yet to get anything done in the terminal. In short, I hate that thing. I am far more comfortable using windows and tabs as in MS. Then all the terminology is just Greek to me. I understand that the terminal is faster. I rather take the extra steps and encounter less frustration.

How can I launch apps e.g., YouTube downloader. I downloaded it but I have no icon and what I see on my desk top is a generic folder for it. I thank you in advance for any help with this.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board