• Last Logged In: 19 Sep 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • davidhlevine
    RE: help installing RPM on RHEL 5.9
    Thanks for the reply... That was my assumption, but support was telling me that this package should work... Regardless, I grabbed an older version of the RPM and it installed fine. Thanks for the sanity check!! :) Cheers,
    Link to this post 19 Sep 13

Thanks for the reply...

That was my assumption, but support was telling me that this package should work... Regardless, I grabbed an older version of the RPM and it installed fine.

Thanks for the sanity check!! :)

Cheers,

• davidhlevine
    help installing RPM on RHEL 5.9
    Hello. I am trying to install an RPM package on a 32 bit RHEL 5.9 system, and the install fails a dependency check... error: Failed dependencies: libc.so.6()(64bit) is needed by uptimeagent-6.0.0-1.x86_64 libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit) is needed by uptimeagent-6.0.0-1.x86_64 libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)(64bit) is needed by uptimeagent-6.0.0-1.x86_64 Is this telling me that I need 64bit libraries installed on this 32bit system? Not sure how I would resolve this? Thanks so much!
    Link to this post 18 Sep 13

Hello. I am trying to install an RPM package on a 32 bit RHEL 5.9 system, and the install fails a dependency check...

error: Failed dependencies:
    libc.so.6()(64bit) is needed by uptimeagent-6.0.0-1.x86_64
    libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit) is needed by uptimeagent-6.0.0-1.x86_64
    libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)(64bit) is needed by uptimeagent-6.0.0-1.x86_64

Is this telling me that I need 64bit libraries installed on this 32bit system? Not sure how I would resolve this?

Thanks so much!

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board