• Last Logged In: 16 Oct 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • fykos
    Project on power management
    Hello people, I am new here so I am not entirely familiar with the regulations, so forgive me for any mistakes. I am a third year computer science student and currently I am looking for a project to work for my final year project. I had an abstract idea to work on the problem linux has with the power management, especially on laptops, and develop a tool that will help users. Doing an extensive research I found that there are couple tools which do the same thing like the PowerTop tool which is a state of the art tool developed by Intel. My question to you is, can I still work on this area and produce something or you think that field is covered entirely and effectively by PowerTop or similar tools? Thanks in advance for your answers
    Link to this post 09 Oct 13

Hello people,

I am new here so I am not entirely familiar with the regulations, so forgive me for any mistakes.

I am a third year computer science student and currently I am looking for a project to work for my final year project. I had an abstract idea to work on the problem linux has with the power management, especially on laptops, and develop a tool that will help users.

Doing an extensive research I found that there are couple tools which do the same thing like the PowerTop tool which is a state of the art tool developed by Intel. My question to you is, can I still work on this area and produce something or you think that field is covered entirely and effectively by PowerTop or similar tools?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board