• Last Logged In: 05 Jan

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Prashant1
    RE: I am Confused.. Experts please help
    Thank you for your reply. I have installed Ubantu 12.04 and learning it now..
    Link to this post 05 Jan

Thank you for your reply.
    I have installed Ubantu 12.04 and learning it now..

• Prashant1
    I am Confused.. Experts please help
    Hello, I am a owner of one cyber cafe. I was using Windows OS on all machines in my cafe as almost all my customers are used to Windows. But due to the Licencing issue I want to shift to Linux. But I am very confuse in which distro I should use. I request you to guide me to take right decision. I want an OS on which customers should feel comfortable. (As all of them are Windows user) -Popular windows games like.. Counter strike, GTA Vice City, San Andreas should run… -Many of government or organizational, Institutional sites works only on Internet Explorer 7 or onward.. so the distro should be able to install at least IE7. Regarding the System configuration: I have all AMD Athlon ll Processor x2 RAM is 2 GB Hard drive is 160 GB Please help me.. . Thanks in advance.
    Link to this post 28 Dec 13

Hello,

I am a owner of one cyber cafe. I was using Windows OS on all machines in my cafe as almost all my customers are used to Windows. But due to the Licencing issue I want to shift to Linux. But I am very confuse in which distro I should use.

I request you to guide me to take right decision.

I want an OS on which customers should feel comfortable. (As all of them are Windows user)
    -Popular windows games like.. Counter strike, GTA Vice City, San Andreas should run…
    -Many of government or organizational, Institutional sites works only on Internet Explorer 7 or onward.. so the distro should be able to install at least IE7.

Regarding the System configuration:
    I have all AMD Athlon ll Processor x2
    RAM is 2 GB
    Hard drive is 160 GB

Please help me..

Thanks in advance.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board