Your First Machine Learning Project in R Step-By-Step
Do you want to do machine learning using R, but you’re having trouble getting started?
In this post you will complete your first machine learning project using R.
In this step-by-step tutorial you will:
- Download and install R and get the most useful package for machine learning in R.
- Load a dataset and understand it’s structure using statistical summaries and data visualization.
- Create 5 machine learning models, pick the best and build confidence that the accuracy is reliable.
If you are a machine learning beginner and looking to finally get started using R, this tutorial was designed for you.
Let’s get started!
The best way to learn machine learning is by designing and completing small projects.
R Can Be Intimidating When Getting Started
R provides a scripting language with an odd syntax. There are also hundreds of packages and thousands of functions to choose from, providing multiple ways to do each task. It can feel overwhelming.
The best way to get started using R for machine learning is to complete a project.
- It will force you to install and start R (at the very least).
- It will given you a bird’s eye view of how to step through a small project.
- It will give you confidence, maybe to go on to your own small projects.
Read more at Machine Learning Mastery