Ken VanDine writes "We are happy to announce the availability of Foresight Desktop Linux 0.9! Foresight takes another major step forward towards usability and functionality with the first release of the 0.9 series, and having the distinction of being the first distro to offer you Gnome 2.12! Featuring a refined look and improvements in just about every area, this is one hot tamale of a release! With 100s of bug fixes / feature improvements over 0.8.1, there are simply too many changes to list here. Instead, here are the highlights of the 0.9 release:
- GNOME 2.12
- All new and updated versions of the software that is shaping the future of Linux! Beagle, Cowbell, F-Spot, Gnomebaker, Grisbi, Howl, Xchat-Gnome, and more!
- Bansee (formerly Sonance) is now our default media player solution, for media file playback, CD playback, and ripping burning and encoding
- Latest Kernel with inotify and synaptics patches
- The revolutionary new Conary package management system - now more stable and functional than ever!
- Less bloat - one app to do many things rather than many apps to do few things, and no more menus filled with umpteen applications you'll never ever use
- Strong support for freedesktop standards: Dbus, Hal, Udev, Pmount et al
- Around 450 updated packages
- Around 25% more applications available on the Foresight repository, including preview development builds of Anjuta 2, Gaim 2, Glade 3 and Gnucash 2
We also would like to thank Jonathan Schemoul for our great new website design."