Oracle is happy to announce the general availability of Oracle Linux 7 Update 1, the first update release for Oracle Linux 7. All packages are currently available on ULN and public yum; ISO installation images will be freely available for download from the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud soon.
Oracle Linux 7 Update 1 ships with the following kernel packages:
- Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel (UEK) Release 3 (kernel-uek-3.8.13-55.1.6.el7uek) for x86-64
- Red Hat Compatible Kernel (kernel-3.10.0-229.el7) for x86-64
Oracle Linux 7 update 1 provides the latest features and innovations, such as:
- Linux container support using either Docker or LXC with UEK Release 3
- Comprehensive dynamic tracing with DTrace and UEK Release 3
- Production support for Btrfs with UEK Release 3
- The latest 3rd party hardware support
Read more at Oracle’s Linux blog.