Who this book is written for?
This book is written for anyone who:
- Already uses OSCommerce
- Would like to use OSCommerce
- Would like to make a website for their business
- Is charged with administering, running and maintaining an OSCommerce site
- Is interested in learning how an eCommerce application is created and maintained
What does the book cover?
The book contains a detailed information on:
- Customizing the osCommerce code to make the site more robust, eliminate bugs, and increase flexibility,
- Underastanding and developing the security and backup strategies,
- Building your business by utilizing various advertising techniques, search engine optimization, affiliate and drop-shipping schemes,
- The principles and methods used by professional programmers to empower you to continue creating and building your online business
- Incorporating the RSS feed,
- Hosting the banners on the web site,
- Offering customer discounts and supporting the use of gift certificates,
- Increasing your sales.
More details about the title are available at:
Author(s): David Mercer
Topics and Technologies: PHP/MySQL, Open Source"