The Programmer's choice Tcl nominees for 2002 were:
- John Almirante - Author of TestGuru, a free educational/testing software written in Tcl/Tk
- Vincent Darley - Primary author and maintainer of Tcl 8.4's new virtual file system approach to representing virtual file systems
- Kevin B. Kenny - Member of the Tcl Core Team, notable evangelizer of Tcl as an integration platform rather than a library
- Richard Suchenwirth - Diligent contributor to the Tclers Wiki with amazing weekend projects that show off Tcl/Tk and assist others in making the most of Tcl
- Jean-Claude Wippler - Creator of the Tclers Wiki and distributor of TclKit, a complete runtime for Tcl/Tk
This year's winners are:
John Almirante, Programmers' Choice
John is the author of TestGuru, an open source educational, testing, and training software written Tcl/Tk. Test Guru allows you to create custom quizzes or sample exams to test your own knowledge and abilities. Says John, "Because of the attention given to my work as a result of this award, I am encouraged to sacrifice some of my time to further improve and develop TestGuru. I hope this program will be as beneficial to others as it has been to me."
Jean-Claude Wippler, Activators' Choice
Jean-Claude is the creator and maintainer of the Tcl'ers Wiki, as well the developer of the starkit and CriTcl package systems for Tcl. The wiki has become a preeminent resource tool for Tcl developers, and Jean-Claude's ongoing work has provided a base for simplifying deployment issues and further easing the integration barrier between C and Tcl.
Awards for Perl, PHP, Python, and XSLT were presented earlier this year at the O'Reilly Open Source Convention. To view this year's winners in all categories, click here.
Congratulations to all our nominees, and thanks to everyone who participated. Good luck to everyone next year!
About ActiveState Corp.
ActiveState is the leader in open language-based software, services, and resources. Our solutions are used by 72% of the Fortune 500 and encompass cross-platform and Web services development, and server-side email management. Our key technologies are Perl, PHP, Python, Tcl, and XSLT. ActiveState's solutions empower people through computing, minimizing obstacles for programmers, and increasing productivity in the enterprise.
Copyright ActiveState Corporation 2002.
ActiveState and the Active Awards are trademarks of ActiveState Corp. All other company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.