With fires, thefts, and natural disasters it is a good idea to have a home inventory. In this video I am going to show you how to inventory your house using a digital camera and F-Spot on a Linux desktop.
The video covers the following:
- Taking photos and retrieving serial numbers.
- Importing photos into F-Spot.
- How to tag and organize photos with F-Spot.
- Configuring F-Spot to store comments and tags inside of each photo's metadata.
- Using comments in F-Spot to store serial numbers and descriptions.
- Making a backup of the photos to go off-site: copy to a USB drive. post to Flickr or Picasaweb, burning to disc.