The eCosPro Developer's Kit consists of:
- eCosPro - a stable, fully tested, certified and supported version of eCos and RedBoot
- the latest eCos and RedBoot documentation
- a graphical IDE (available Q4 2003 for selected platforms)
- a prebuilt compiler toolchain (Linux or Windows based)
- prebuilt eCos host tools (Linux or Windows based)
- prebuilt RedBoot binaries
- incident and advice-line support for eCosPro and (optionally) the
- additional hardware platform support not currently available for
- a professional installer
- rolling releases and extended support options
- a PPP stack add-on for the standard eCos TCP/IP package
The inclusion of a fully tested and supported PPP stack within eCosPro is in direct response to customer demand. The PPP stack extends the reach of eCos into many new application areas.
"This is another important step for eCos users and developers", said Alex Schuilenburg, Managing Director of eCosCentric. "The eCosPro Developer's Kit provides organizations deploying or evaluating eCos with off-the-shelf commercial quality development tools. Developers using the kit will benefit from the stability and reliability of eCosPro and from the extensive support that eCosCentric provides."
Bart Veer, Chief Scientist at eCosCentric, added "With an improved development environment and a stable run-time environment, the product development cycle is reduced and engineers can concentrate on their application and the product." eCosPro is targeted at professional developers looking to integrate eCos within commercial products. The eCosPro Developer's Kit includes an incident support package, giving developers the reassurance that problems can be resolved rapidly by experts.
Platforms initially supported by the eCosPro Developer's Kit are:
- SuperH - SH4-202 MicroDev platform
- ColdFire - Motorola M5272C3 ColdFire evaluation board
- ARM - Atmel AT91EB40, AT91EB40A, AT91EB42, AT91EB55
- PowerPC - A&M Adder PPC850 board
- IA32 - i386 PC platform
Support for the Linux Synthetic Target is also available on specific Linux distributions.
eCosCentric will continue to work with the eCos maintainers to develop and maintain the publically available version of eCos which may be downloaded at http://ecos.sourceware.org/ or purchased on CDROM at http://www.ecoscentric.com/ecos/order.shtml.
About eCos and RedBoot
eCos is an open source, royalty-free, real-time operating system intended for embedded applications. The highly configurable nature of eCos allows the operating system to be customised to precise application requirements, delivering the best possible run-time performance and an optimised hardware resource footprint.
RedBoot is a complete bootstrap and debug environment for embedded systems based on the eCos hardware abstraction layer. RedBoot allows download and execution of embedded applications via serial or ethernet, including embedded Linux and eCos applications. It can be used for both product development (debug support) and in deployed products (flash update and network booting).
Founded in April 2002, eCosCentric is the leading provider of eCos and RedBoot support, development and consulting services worldwide. Staffed by the original eCos creators and highly experienced embedded system and software engineers, eCosCentric provides complete solutions consisting of run-time systems and complementary host tools.