- Agreement reached that commercial model of software development in family medicine/general practice has failed.
- Continued collaboration and partnership is advantageous.
- A model for patient involvement with the EHR was agreed.
- A framework for further international collaboration has been achieved, although funding sources remain to be secured.
- Specific aspects of primary care computerization needs are better met in the UK than the USA and vice versa, though neither fully reflects the concepts identified in GEHR (Good Electronic Health Record)"
February 8, 2001
Fresno III: Commercial medical model has failed
Author: JT Smith
Saint writes: "LinuxMedNews has the press release for an International meeting held to discuss free and open source medical software called Fresno III. Some of the highlights of the meeting where as follows: