availability of Squish 1.2, the new version of the automated GUI
testing framework for Qt applications.
“In our role as the main Qt reseller for the Japanese market we
have sold Squish to our customers, and they are very happy with it. It
is a professional testing framework for Qt applications and integrates
well with a Japanese environment.” said Hiroki Takada from Software
Research Associates, Inc.
The main new features of Squish 1.2 are:
- Improvements to the Squish Debugger: The Squish Debugger now
allows to execute a test case until a specified point (breakpoint) and
it is possible to continue recording from there. This makes it much
easier to add new functionality and tests to a test case without
having to repeat the initial steps over and over again.
- More Flexible Installation: Support for sharing of Squish
installations between multiple machines has been simplified. This
allows to compile Squish once and distribute it to other machines on
the same site without problems.
- More Flexible Configuration: When running tests against different
versions of an application it is be possible to store the test suite
settings (arguments, environment variables, paths, etc.) depending on
the version of the AUT. This way testing multiple versions of an
application is possible without additional configuration efforts.
The smaller improvements include:
- When the AUT crashes during recording the script is recorded up to
the point of the crash
- Usability improvements in the Squish IDE
- Additional synchronization point options for recording
- Enriched documentation with more examples on testing specific Qt
- Support for additional user-specific arguments in test
verification commands which can be used when post-processing the test
- Configurable current working directory for the AUT
- Improved error reporting
Squish customers and evaluators can now find Squish 1.2 packages in
their download area. For more information about Squish and its price
and licensing, visit http://www.froglogic.com/squish. If
you would like to evaluate or buy Squish, please contact us at email@example.com.
froglogic Porten & Stadlbauer GbR is a software company offering Qt
consultancy services and Qt-based development tools. froglogic was
founded by two former Trolltech senior engineers, Reginald Stadlbauer
and Harri Porten, who now use their experience and skills to serve the
Qt 3rd party market. froglogic is based in Hamburg, Germany. More
about froglogic at http://www.froglogic.com.”