"The proactive security improvements inherent into its design are one of the primary factors in the success of EnGarde," said Pete O'Hara, vice president of engineering at Guardian Digital. "Coupled with the most sophisticated open source Web-based management system, EnGarde consistently protects users from even debilitating kernel security vulnerabilities where other Linux vendors fail."
EnGarde features secure Web-based management of all functions, including Internet edge services (Web, DNS, email), integrated intrusion detection, cryptography, improved authentication and access control, as well as protection from many forms of intrusion such as buffer overruns and denial of service attacks. Enhanced availability and access control mechanisms delivers a potent combination suitable for the largest enterprise.
"Security management is an essential component of any successful online operation. Mitigating security risks through the use of a dynamic, rapidly-evolving development process bolstered by collaboration of the open source community provides the most efficient form of protection," said Paul Brisson, orthopedic spinal surgeon, New York Spinal Care. "EnGarde Secure Linux and its secure-by-design approach combined with the security benefits engineered by Guardian Digital offer the best in proactive protection."
EnGarde Secure Linux features the Guardian Digital WebTool, a Web based interface used to securely manage network and server operations. Emphasizing increased security, performance, and an available 2.6 Linux kernel, EnGarde Secure Linux features include:
- Simple and secure Web-based management.
- Core Internet services including Web, DNS, and email system management.
- Unlimited virtual domains.
- Comprehensive backup/recovery system.
- Sophisticated access control mechanisms.
- Integrated network and host intrusion detection.
- Guardian Digital Secure Network to provide easy access to security and
- Mandatory Access Control (MAC) using the Linux Intrusion Detection System to
provide sophisticated access control and prevent Trojan horse attacks.
- Latest cryptography tools including built-in web-based key management for
building secure Web sites.
- Hardened kernel and user tools providing highly resilient protection from
- Gateway firewalling using stateful packet inspection.
- Security Control Center to monitor system activity.
- Upgraded core components including Linux kernel 2.4.22 and development tool
- Unparalleled protection from the latest Internet threats including denial
of service, Trojan horse, spoofing, Microsoft worms.
Other new features in EnGarde Secure Linux include new executive summary reporting functionality that allows IT Managers to receive and deliver comprehensive graphic reports on server activity and security alerts, scalability improvements, and enhanced journaling filesystem support.
Pricing and availability
EnGarde Secure Linux is now available for download from http://engardelinux.org and includes a free 30-day subscription to the Guardian Digital Secure Network to obtain system and security updates. An annual subscription to the GDSN is available for $229 per year and includes thirty days of email installation and configuration support.
Founded in 1999, Guardian Digital is headquartered in Allendale, New Jersey.