- Users new to Linux, who have never seen a shell-prompt before.
- Users of Windows(R), who are familiar with DOS but not Linux.
- Introduction to the bash shell, and miscellaneous things to know before you can start appreciating the shell and its commands.
- The most important and basic commands, with examples. Arranged in a task-oriented order. I have left out all commands which an ordinary user does not need to know. Only the most important options are included.
- Some advanced (but helpful) material. Covers find, grep and chmod commands, plus redirections and pipes.
- Getting started with vi (Appendix). Editors and consoles are intimately related, so I have put in this small file.
(There are some more Linux things there as well!)"