Robbie Williamson writes "The Linux Test Project test suite (http://www.linuxtestproject.org) has been released. The latest version of the testsuite contains 2000+ tests for the Linux OS. Our web site also contains other information such as: test results, a Linux test tools matrix, an area for keeping up with fixes for known blocking problems in the 2.5/2.6 kernel releases, technical papers and HowTos on Linux testing, and a code coverage analysis tool.
- Updated and reorganized testcase documentation.
- Rewrite of data generation scripts to allow faster compilation.
- More bug fixes and code cleanups.
- The popular kernel code coverage "galaxy map".
- Picture of Linus Torvalds in our Linux World Expo booth!
We encourage the community to post results, patches or new tests on our mailing list and use the CVS bug tracking facility to report problems that you might encounter with the test suite."