"The Linux Test Project test suite ltp-full-20030206.tgz has been released.
Visit our website (http://ltp.sourceforge.net) to download the latest
version of the testsuite that contains 1000+ tests for the Linux OS. Our
site also contains other information such as: test results, a Linux test
tools matrix, technical papers and HowTos on Linux testing, and a code
coverage analysis tool. A new area for keeping up with fixes for known
blocking problems in 2.5 kernel releases has been added as well, and can
be found at http://ltp.sourceforge.net/errata .
The list of test cases that are expected to fail is located at:
The highlights of this release are:
- All tests from the Open POSIX* Testsuite have been ported and merged in. Thanks to Julie Fleischer for sending us the suite.
- New test scripts have been added for system stress and LVM testing.
- Entire suite has been updated to support non-root 'make install'
- New API added to allow test creators to easily query the kernel version of the test machine.
- Changes were implemented to support GCC 3.3 standards.
- All patches, fixes, and updates accepted into CVS have been included.
We encourage the community to post results, patches, or new tests on our
mailing list, and to use the CVS bug tracking facility to report problems
that you might encounter. More details available at our web-site."