Marty Ridgeway writes "The Linux Test Project test suite, ltp-20050505, has been released. The latest version of the testsuite contains 2900+ tests for the Linux OS. Our web site also contains other information such as: test results, a Linux test tools matrix, technical papers and HowTos on Linux testing, and a code coverage analysis tool.
- Added DBAT testsuite, limited LTP tests for build verification - runltplite
- fix the bug on test table selinux when run the ltpmenu.
- Added new getpagesize() test.
- New test creates a data file of specified or random size and copies
the file to a random directory depth on a designated filesystem.
The two files are compared and checked for differences.
- Make nptl01 timeout and report failure rather than just hanging in the event of a fail.
- Moved SELinux testsuite from misc to the kernel/security directory.
- acct01 - Updated test to allow for execution on zSeries machines.
- ioperm01 - Fixed bug will cause ioperm01 receive SEGV and report "BROK" instead of "FAIL" when this test failed.
- nfs04 - use 'cmp' instead of 'diff' because I think byte comparison is better for the type of file created for this test.
- Fixed ftp01 and telnet01 seems designed to run with non-root user connection
when the user name is set to RUSER environment variable.
However, it is incomplete.ftp01 creates a directory whose permission is root.
So, non-root user cannot write in the directory.
telnet01 always consider the prompt is '#'"
May 6, 2005