"John to try to get a copyright assignment form and
for the GNOME Foundation. John is working on this with the GNU foundation,
not urgent, being done in the background. This isn't really
something handled at the Board level anymore."
Subject: Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting 16 October 2001 Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 12:31:38 -0400 From: Daniel Veillard To: firstname.lastname@example.org CC: email@example.com Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting 16 October 2001 ================================================== Presents: ========= Havoc Pennington (chairing) Daniel Veillard (minutes) John Heard Tim Ney (director) Owen Taylor Maciej Stachowiak (from 0:10) Federico (from 0:10) Regrets: ======== Bart Decrem Jim Gettys Dan Mueth Miguel de Icaza Missing: ======== Raph Levien Decisions: ========== - Start the Friend of Gnome fundraising effort - The account policy document is approved and will be published on the web site Action Done: ============ ACTION: John to try to get a copyright assignment form and procedure for the GNOME Foundation. => John is working on this with the GNU foundation, not urgent, being done in the background. This isn't really something handled at the Board level anymore. ACTION: Havoc to ask who is interested (and in what) for the ALS hacking session => being asked, done. ACTION: Federico send an updated version of the accounts policy document to the foundation list. => Done ACTION: Tim to send a mail to foundation-list about the "friend" membership category => Done Actions: ======== ACTION: Havoc to sent the Advisory Board list to the Board, looking for completion of the member liason. => Tim is working on this, we expect a new list real soon, waiting from one member feedback. ACTION: Maciej to email the Board the current draft of the platform license policy for review. => Still pending. ACTION: Owen make sure the mail send to the firstname.lastname@example.org is not lost => pending Discussion: =========== - approve last meeting minutes: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2001-October/msg00000.html - Incorporation We are looking with a new firm which would work on formalities pro-bono and we would have only minimal fee left, this is good news. - Friends of Gnome policy should we just do it ? The feedback is good so far. This program should be launched. The Board ask Tim to go forward and put it in place People can contact email@example.com if they want to help. - the account policy is approved => put it online and link it from the developper and foundation site - Update on GNOME 2 schedule is published, as usual people would like to add more feature problem now is to meet that schedule. This is in the hands of the developpers, translators and documentors now. Nautilus port to Gnome2 seems to be a bit behind schedule. Porting is making progress in general. - Update on elections We didn't got any news and waiting for an email update. - We will have a Gnome booth a Linux World Expo in Fankfurt Anyone who wants to volunteer to help at the booth should contact Roman Beigelbeck - Tim announced that there is now a GNOME Foundation Marketing and Outreach Working Group that meets regularly to help Leslie Proctor on PR and marketing stratetgies. The working group consists of the following Advisory Board company representatives: Emily Ball, Red Hat, Leila Chucri, Sun; Kenneth Godfrey, IBM; Jon Perr, Ximian; Jeff Stevenson, HP. Hillary Hudis, who does software marketing in Boston, is also a member of the Working Group. Daniel -- Daniel Veillard | Red Hat Network http://redhat.com/products/network/ firstname.lastname@example.org | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit http://xmlsoft.org/ http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/ _______________________________________________ foundation-list mailing list email@example.com http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-list