current status as part of the GNU project. More work still needed
to put details on the website."
Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting 30 October 2001 ================================================== Presents: ========= Havoc Pennington (chairing) Daniel Veillard (minutes) Jim Gettys Dan Mueth John Heard Tim Ney (director) Owen Taylor Maciej Stachowiak Raph Levien Federico (from :20) Regrets: ======== Bart Decrem Miguel de Icaza Decisions: ========== - getting in serious contact with a new lawyer company. - discussion of the relationship with the FSF, reasserting our current status as part of the GNU project. More work still needed to put details on the website. - people should send candidacy statements to the foundation list for the elections Action Done: ============ ACTION: Havoc to sent the Advisory Board list to the Board, looking for completion of the member liason. => Tim has answer back from everybody except VA. ACTION: Owen make sure the mail send to the firstname.lastname@example.org is not lost => Done ACTION: Maciej to email the Board the current draft of the platform license policy for review. => Done Actions: ======== New Actions: ============ ACTION: Havoc to redirect gnome-press-contact to Leslie ACTION: Tim to get the membership logos one the foundation page ACTION: Tim, John and Havoc to get a draft statement on the relation with the free software and license policy. Discussion: =========== - approve last meeting minutes: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2001-October/msg00001.html - Tim announced that the law firm of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati in Palo Alto has agreed to work for GNOME on a pro-bono basis. The WSGR legal team will assist the GNOME Foundation in the following areas: - getting tax exemption - copyright/licence/patent issues - Trademark. Sounds excellent ! they have the starting documents transmitted by Tim. - Sun donated equipment for the Linux Expo gnome Booth in Frankfurt. ASLab is donating hardware for the GNOME booth at ALS in Oakland. Ximian will provide machines for the GNOME Hothouse at ALS. As a prelude to GUADEC 3, there will be an informal gathering of GNOME developers in Dublin on November 24th & 25th . Glynn Foster and Telsa Gwynne are organizing with Proinnsias Breathnach. Information can be found at http://www.linux.ie/ - elections: this seems on track, but there have been no nomination yet. Those from the current Board should send candidacy statements if running again for the elections in order to help start the process. - relationship with FSF: We have strong links with the free software community, even if we sometimes don't totally follow the guidelines. The very important point is to stay close to the people to avoid strong issues. We consider that Gnome was and should remain part of the free software movement and of the GNU project. More actions needed to get a wording defined and kept on the Gnome web site. - Sun's documentation work: There have been an agreement between the GNU and Sun on a revision of the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation Licence) needed for Sun to release its work under that Licence. So Sun will release its documentation soon. - Update on GNOME 2 We are trying to get the API freeze to avoid a moving target. The major apps are being ported, it's looking promising. Daniel -- Daniel Veillard | Red Hat Network https://rhn.redhat.com/ email@example.com | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit http://xmlsoft.org/ http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/ _______________________________________________ foundation-list mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-list