the executive director would get public just after the meeting, but
it seems to take a little longer than I expected initially. Anyway,
the identity of the person hired will be made public real soon."
Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting 10 July 2001 =============================================== Presents: ========= Havoc Pennington (chairing) Daniel Veillard (minutes) Federico John Heard Dan Mueth Raph Levien Owen Taylor Regrets: ======== Miguel de Icaza (regrets) Bart Decrem (regrets) Maciej Stachowiak Jim Gettys Decisions: ========== - Mostly discussions, it was light agenda, still wondering about the gnome.org mail aliases policies. - finishing the work on hiring an executive director for GNOME Foundation Action Done: ============ ACTION: Dan to mail Christian about asking the managers of the various projects for updates and links to important threads in the mail archives. => done, Christian was receptive, looks started. Actions: ======== ACTION: Havoc to invite Sander and Martin => postponed ACTION: Dan to work with Membership Committee to re-open the membership list. => still pending ACTION: Havoc send the AB list to the board looking for completion of the member liasons. => still pending, waiting for update from the manager. ACTION: John try to get a Copyright assigment form and procedure for the GNOME Foundation => still pending waiting on the FSF, RMS is working on that. ACTION: Maciej to email the Board the current draft of the platform license policy for review. => still pending New Actions: ============ ACTION: Federico to post the new version of the policy for gnome.org email Discussion: =========== - approve/review last week's minutes and actions => approved - We didn't invite Sander and Martin because Martin is gone this week - Hiring executive director for GNOME Foundation We have reached an agreement on job description, salary, and benefits. Initial contract will be for only 3 months to give time for finishing the incorporation work. - GNOME 1.4.1 Seems Kjartaan is doing the intermediate release, sounds good. - press release on accessibility, Confirm what we decided here, it wasn't communicated to Sun well The intent of the PR is to raise awareness and get more contributors accessibility patches and apps using them. The board wait for the draft and will review it. Having the framework, guidelines, documentation and a few good examples may be sufficiant to get lots of improvement. - There have been various requests for reusing the Gnome logo for tee-shirt or other. Discussed how to handle this. - email alias policy for gnome.org email and login accounts. Proposal: - modules maintainers need shell account - for mail we don't have a clear idea yet what whould be the policy: 1/ nobody 2/ case by case 3/ foundation members Daniel -- Daniel Veillard | Red Hat Network http://redhat.com/products/network/ email@example.com | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit http://xmlsoft.org/ http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/ Sep 17-18 2001 Brussels Red Hat TechWorld http://www.redhat-techworld.com