Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting December 11 2001 =================================================== Presents: ========= Havoc Pennington (chairing) Nat Friedman James Henstridge Daniel Veillard (minutes) Jody Goldberg Telsa Gwynne Jonathan Blandford Jim Gettys George Lebl Miguel de Icaza Federico Mena Tim Ney Decisions: ========== - Confirm that GUADEC 3 will take place in Seville, Spain, 4-6th of April 2002 Actions done: ============= ACTION: Havoc to fix the board list to reflect the new board => Done Actions: ======== ACTION: Tim to get the membership logos on the foundation page => in progress still waiting for some permissions ACTION: Tim, John and Havoc to get a draft statement on the relation with the free software and license policy. => Tim and Havoc will continue ACTION: Tim to work on the Trademark registration for "GNOME" and the foot. => in progress ACTION: Jim to restart the font discussions with various parties => in progress ACTION: Nat to solve the arrangement for the teleconferences => no answer from John, pending ACTION: Nat and Jonathan talk to gnome-sysadmin about adding ssh tunneling for GNOME CVS access => would probably take a couple of months to implement New Actions: ============ ACTION: Havoc to write a paragraph on what GNOME-2 release is expected to be Discussion: =========== - approve last meeting minutes: The people present on the last board meeting think they are accurate. http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2001-December/msg00001.html - GNOME 2 status Jeff Waugh replaced Maciej who stepped down chairing the release team. A new schedule is being prepared to reflect the current slip of a couple of weeks, waiting for apps. It is important to keep the schedule on dotplan up-to-date so that there is a clear message of what are the current expectations. It seems clear that 2.0.0 will not contain the port of the big applications The release should be named accordingly to reflect this, like: "Gnome 2.0 Developers Platform and Core Desktop" It seems some clear message about what this 2.0.0 will provide, its improvements what it contains, is needed so that on can have a clear message. The proposed schedule seems to need an update including the core apps like the panel, but getting a clear estimate will be very hard. - GUADEC 3 plans We have confirmation on the location/date The web team will try to get the travel information on-line as soon as possible. Daniel -- Daniel Veillard | Red Hat Network https://rhn.redhat.com/ email@example.com | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit http://xmlsoft.org/ http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/ _______________________________________________
December 13, 2001
Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting December 11 2001
Author: JT Smith
"Confirm that GUADEC 3 will take place in Seville, Spain, 4-6th of April 2002."
- Open Source